Taking my wife to the Jack Daniels Distillery, need advice

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
This is a surprise for her Birthday in December. I want to drive to Lynchburg Friday night, stay somewhere, and get up the next morning and do the tour.

My question is, where can we stay? Are there local inns to stay at? Maybe a Bed n Breakfast? I would prefer something that isn't just a chain of hotels. Google isn't helpful, mostly just advertisements everywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

There is a few in the area. There is an awesome one bedroom cabin in Normandy right down the road from George Dickel. Hit the 3 in the area and make a long weekend out of it.

Being a Tennessee Squire, I have property in Lynchburg, feel free to pitch a tent and stay as long as you wish.

Being a Tennessee Squire, I have property in Lynchburg, feel free to pitch a tent and stay as long as you wish.

I'm in Flat Creek, got lake front in Ridgeville also. Whereabouts is your property?

I'm also a Squire. My sister and nephew work at JD's.

This is a surprise for her Birthday in December. I want to drive to Lynchburg Friday night, stay somewhere, and get up the next morning and do the tour.

My question is, where can we stay? Are there local inns to stay at? Maybe a Bed n Breakfast? I would prefer something that isn't just a chain of hotels. Google isn't helpful, mostly just advertisements everywhere.

Best options are staying in Tullahoma or Shelbyville. Only minutes from Lynchburg.

My advice to you is to go online on their website and book your tour online. You won't have to wait long, otherwise you may wait a couple of hours on weekends.

I'm in Flat Creek, got lake front in Ridgeville also. Whereabouts is your property?

I'm also a Squire. My sister and nephew work at JD's.

Well, it has been some time since I became a Squire, and was awarded property there... they have me on a hill side. Most of my neighbors have been abusing my land and over the years... it has been a lot of trouble. First the bootleggers set up shop on the backside of my lot. But in time, we got that problem taken care with time. Had to get the local sheriff arrested as he was part of the shiners operating the still. Then, the cattle grazers showed up... thinking they were going to market free range cattle, and try to sell the beef as Tennessee Kobe. Took a few years to round em all up, and the damage to my blackberry patch was too much to overcome. I am waiting for my annual report from the good folks at JD to hear the latest on my property.

Reactions: 1 person
take a bottle of Jack with you,isn't it still a dry County ?

You can buy a " collectors edition "at the distillery with a sweet landscape label, grab a bottle of double barrel and the new anniversary commerorative bottles while there. Gift shop is sweet in the town square.

I'm listening...

I like Dickel better anyway.

Dickel is by far the best bang for buck,but if you have never sampled Prichard's out of Lincoln County do yourself a favor and do so. Colier and McKeel is closer to Nashville and a bit sweeter. Jack is leaps and bounds the largest of the 4 and honestly my least favorite.

Thank you to everyone here for your advice. VN pretty much set up our trip on this one.

We are staying at the Mulberry cottage, waking up and eating Mary Bobo's, then doing our tour at noon. All thanks to y'alls advice.

Thanks again, y'all came through in the clutch.

VN Store

Back