Favorite Thanksgiving Foods and Traditions

VolnJC

We are making one of my faves tonight...puppy chow Chex....I love baked Chex could probably eat it every week if I didn't try to stick to a low carb diet.

for breakfast on Thanksgiving we usually do finger food stuff like sausage balls...and I swear I could eat my weight in deviled eggs

and for the big meal....I've never been a huge turkey guy...but a good ham and dressing and some homemade sweet potato pie with ice cream is hard to beat.

Happy Thanksgiving...hope you guys have plenty to be thankful for...and honestly we all do....I look at every day that I'm alive as a gift and anything beyond that is gravy.

My mom's dressing also. It may sound weird, but I love warming up leftovers later that night and eating them. Just something look forward to as much as eating when it's first done.

Reactions: 2 people
My mom's dressing also. It may sound weird, but I love warming up leftovers later that night and eating them. Just something look forward to as much as eating when it's first done.

My fave is cold turkey sandwiches for the next 3 days

Reactions: 1 person

That first rummage through the leftovers is essential!

Bird on the grill, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, green bean casserole with home-fried onions, Flemming's potatoes...

This year, we may try a shrimp-and-grits dressing I found.

The day after left over sammiches...fry pulled turkey in butter with a bunch of different seasonings. Then add stuffing to the mix. Place on toast with a slice of cheese and cranberry sauce. Damn, I'm hungry!

Two turkeys in smokers, two pans of dressing with the cubed French bread and Ma FergusonÂ’s recipe perfectly heavy on sage and thyme, sweet potato casserole with white and brown sugar and candied pecans, Asparagus spears wrapped in bacon with beer cheese dip. That dressing recipe is a staple that take me, my brother and sisters back to our childhood.

Prior to this feast, there is the not-always-annual Gobbler Bowl where Fergusons and their in-laws play football, suffer minor injuries, fight, and sometimes behave poorly. Fewer imbibers expected this year so maybe things will remain civil.

My moms dressing and turkey. But her hashbrown casserole is the star of the show and will make your tounge slap the roof of your mouth.

Traditional. Turkey, dressing, ham, corn pudding, pumpkin pie. Bringing out the sweatpants Thursday

I throw all thoughts about eating healthy out the window at Thanksgiving. We do a Ham (I make my own brown sugar and honey glaze; essentially candy it), Roast Turkey, all the side dishes, and pies (Pumpkin, Pecan, Apple, and Chocolate pudding).

I deep fry a large turkey and my wife bakes a smaller one (because my wife swears that the dressing doesn't turn out right unless it's cooked WITH a turkey). Along with that we have...

Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Green Bean Casserole
Mac & Cheese
Fruit Salad
Homemade Parker-House Rolls

Plus we always have a "cold tray" with celery stuffed with pimento cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Black & Green Olives, and Green Onions

Then for dessert we'll have Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, and Caramel Pecan Pie.

My goodness...I started this thread too early... definitely hungry now and I'm lucky to eat a pack of peanuts or sunflower seeds on Mondays have 3 classes back to back

A few days after, my mom would always make this awesome turkey pot pie. With homemade biscuits on top as each individual pie! And she also makes me a special dressing with cheese and sausage! Amazing !!!

A few days after, my mom would always make this awesome turkey pot pie. With homemade biscuits on top as each individual pie! And she also makes me a special dressing with cheese and sausage! Amazing !!!

My mom makes a turkey soup a day or so after, I'd imagine it's like the inside of that pot pie. Good stuff.

We are making one of my faves tonight...puppy chow Chex....I love baked Chex could probably eat it every week if I didn't try to stick to a low carb diet.

for breakfast on Thanksgiving we usually do finger food stuff like sausage balls...and I swear I could eat my weight in deviled eggs

and for the big meal....I've never been a huge turkey guy...but a good ham and dressing and some homemade sweet potato pie with ice cream is hard to beat.

Happy Thanksgiving...hope you guys have plenty to be thankful for...and honestly we all do....I look at every day that I'm alive as a gift and anything beyond that is gravy.

Sausage balls for breakfast too. Can't wait!

I've always maintained that the first re heat of Thanksgiving leftovers tastes better than the original dinner. The only exception is the deep fried turkey. It still tastes good but you can't get that delicious crispiness again like when you first pull it out of the fryer.

I throw all thoughts about eating healthy out the window at Thanksgiving. We do a Ham (I make my own brown sugar and honey glaze; essentially candy it), Roast Turkey, all the side dishes, and pies (Pumpkin, Pecan, Apple, and Chocolate pudding).

we need a recipe for this glaze you speak of :)

or i do any way lol

VN Store

Back