F6MXIsO.jpg

Qg3SFRY.jpg

2PP0Uws.jpg

TO0ZPn2.jpg

oCCawkA.jpg

KOpzKvm.jpg

:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 2 people
There's a reason America used to be better...

Probably not because of these ads

That baby telling it's momma to fire up a Marlboro is a good one.

It looks like the wife getting spanked likes it.

The only thing in these ads that offends me is where the car ad brags about an oil filter being standard.

Those adds are nothing compared to the controversial ones we have today...

gapphotoscreenshot-800x614.jpg

video-undefined-2820242400000578-630_636x358.jpg

gigi-hadid-versace.jpg

Hopefully blue font wasn't necessary, though I do wonder which adds from today people will look back on as being controversial in another 50 years or so.

video-undefined-2820242400000578-630_636x358.jpg

gigi-hadid-versace.jpg

Hopefully blue font wasn't necessary, though I do wonder which adds from today people will look back on as being controversial in another 50 years or so.

I've noticed that a lot of ads today feature interracial families. I suppose they are trying to get with the times.

I imagine we will see more LGBT ads in the near future.

I think we may look back on cleaning product commercials in 50 years time with a bit of puzzlement. They are still heavily aimed towards women which is understandable. I do expect gender roles to continue to change, where men are becoming a bigger buyer of these products.

I've noticed that a lot of ads today feature interracial families. I suppose they are trying to get with the times.

I think we may look back on cleaning product commercials in 50 years time with a bit of puzzlement. They are still heavily aimed towards women which is understandable. I do expect gender roles to continue to change, where men are becoming a bigger buyer of these products.

That's a good observation. I could see that changing as well.

8c19ed790e01108512452742654cd9eb.png

I wonder how all of the erectile dysfunction ads will be viewed in the future. There just seems to be an over abundance of them.

tumblr_inline_nnolclh7t81r41xv4_400.jpg

That's a good observation. I could see that changing as well.

8c19ed790e01108512452742654cd9eb.png

I wonder how all of the erectile dysfunction ads will be viewed in the future. There just seems to be an over abundance of them.

tumblr_inline_nnolclh7t81r41xv4_400.jpg

Very good question on the ED ads. I wonder what women think of the current ED ads?

Another thing I have noticed is the change in the way marketers are advertising to black people. It seemed like when I was younger, any ad directed at black people had to have a jazzy beat. Also it was a completely different ad from what was pitched at other demographics. Now it appears that they are just using people of all races in the ads.

Preach brother! Just wait one day my friend, you'll be the guy in the health and beauty aisle buying feminine products for your daughter. I've done it already! I wanna see an ad for that!

Preach brother! Just wait one day my friend, you'll be the guy in the health and beauty aisle buying feminine products for your daughter. I've done it already! I wanna see an ad for that!

I'm not ready for that. It wasn't too long ago that I learned that a sanitary towel was not the thing they give you to wipe your hands off with at the BBQ place.

Reactions: 1 person

The advertising world has always been ahead of the social curve, imo. There are more interracial families than society wants to admit. Only now are government forms and HR personnel files allowing for multiple races to be selected but those demographics are often hidden from public view.

Stopped to buy a box of tampons for my wife one day. The store was packed. I casually grab a box and throw it in the cart. When I get to the front it's just my luck I grabbed the box without a price tag. The cashier calls out over the intercom "I need a price check on the Tampex for this gentleman on aisle 1". The stock boy thought she said thumb tacks and asked "did you get the ones you push in with your thumb or the ones you have to beat in with a hammer?". [Heard that years ago from a local comedian and I laughed till I had tears in my eyes].

Reactions: 1 person

True, dang younger women don't clean for shot anymore.

Been there, done that.

Actually this one did cause controversy. It was suggested the white girl was simply using the black girl as a piece of furniture, quite literally "holding her down" and diminishing her value. It was a commentary on how whites have used blacks to prop them up and do things they don't want to do.

When Michelle Obama did the exact same thing to Gabby Douglas at the White House it was funny and good spirited.

Actually this one did cause controversy. It was suggested the white girl was simply using the black girl as a piece of furniture, quite literally "holding her down" and diminishing her value. It was a commentary on how whites have used blacks to prop them up and do things they don't want to do.

When Michelle Obama did the exact same thing to Gabby Douglas at the White House it was funny and good spirited.

A bit of a stretch, as an African American I didnt see anything offensive at first blush. You would really have to dig to a very deep level to see some symbolism.

Now that cover of Vogue with Lebron though, that was much less of a leap.

It's difficult these days, even with the best of intentions and thoughtfulness people are going to get offended. That's nothing new though. Sensibilities constantly change.

Last edited:
A bit of a stretch, as an African American I didnt see anything offensive at first blush. You would really have to dig to a very deep level to see some symbolism.

Now that cover of Vogue with Lebron though, that was much less of a leap.

It's difficult these days, even with the best of intentions and thoughtfulness people are going to get offended. That's nothing new though. Sensibilities constantly change.

You need to better channel your inner SJW. That ad should really set you off. Gap pulled it after the backlash. The real kicker is that the two girls are sisters and their mom didn't have an issue with it. But really maybe she's part of the problem.

VN Store

Back