I lost my job

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
& I have no idea on what to do! I have bills coming in 2 weeks and I have a 16 month at home as well. Temp agencies won't know anything until Monday afternoon that's when comapanies usually call. I got let go for the most ignorant reason. It really broke my heart and now I'm left scrambling. So I do wanna ask if anyone on here who owns a business is hiring? I'm 24 worked in two factories and I also have experience managing and working with animals (Alligators). If anyone knows of a place please let me know.

Reactions: 2 people
You might want to give big box retailers a shot for the time being. Walmart, Target, Best Buy all will be hiring lots of people for the holiday season so it might be a decent short term solution.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 person
Might want to list your location too

Check out some distribution centers like Amazon if you're close. Ups also hires a bunch for holiday work

Check out some distribution centers like Amazon if you're close. Ups also hires a bunch for holiday work

Yes. The Amazon distribution center in Tampa is expanding both space wise and service wise. Probably need employees right now for holiday crunch.

Hang in there man. I've been there before and know that panic. You'll find something

Good idea, we have a fedex close here that's hiring a lot right now.

Do you get unemployment benefits for now ? I think you can still get unemployment even if you have a PT job - health ins is going to be the big problem esp with the kid(s)-- If you care to tell, what was the reason they let you go ? Maybe a lawyer on here might have some advice

Last edited:
Thought luck, hang in there. In the meantime, unemployment benefits. Also, do you have any savings to get you through a few months?

Also OP -- you might want to check out the Conservation Dept and find out what qualifications you need to become an officer -- that would would be a decent career job for you

Lot of us have been there...some multiple times. Always landed a better opportunity. Best rule of thumb, procrastinate on the panic and get to the job fairs and interviews. Good luck and stay strong!

Have any call centers around? I know they suck, but they usually hire anybody with a pulse (that may be optional to some.) Well the ones around here do (See ACT for example.) If nothing else it will help you get by until you can find something else. I hear the above mentioned company on the radio ALL THE TIME holding job fairs.

I live In East Tennessee. 30 miles south of Knoxville. I have a little over 1500 saved. Been a rough morning. Thank you guys so much .

As butchna mentioned, we've all been there and it sucks. Keep your head up!!!!!

Check out UPS. They hire package runners for both the distribution centers and the actual trucks because they have so many packages to deliver...FedEx probably does the same.

As butchna mentioned, we've all been there and it sucks. Keep your head up!!!!!

Check out UPS. They hire package runners for both the distribution centers and the actual trucks because they have so many packages to deliver...FedEx probably does the same.

I know our fedex down here is hiring a bunch right now.

Not trying to be a smartazz but just remember......there are dumber people in this world that have lost jobs and they survived. You can too.

File for unemployment as soon as you can. If you find a job this week then great but if not get the paperwork started because it takes a little bit before you get paid from it

There is going to be a lot of seasonal work. Pick up a gig there. If nothing else, it will provide steady income and buy you time until you figure something else out. Although, you might excel at it and stay on in another capacity past the holiday season.

VN Store

Back