Toyota 4Runner Owners

Dustin4Vols

In the market for one. Just recently had our 2nd kid and I have a 2 door car. Trying to find one with 4wd,under 80k miles,dark color for $25k. Been searching since June so it seems impossible. Been close a few times but failed. Just wanted some thoughts from people that have/do own them. Trying to find one with 3 row seats but I know they are cramped.

What years are you looking at? Seems like you should find one at that price range. Have you looked at the Sequoia? We love ours

What years are you looking at? Seems like you should find one at that price range. Have you looked at the Sequoia? We love ours

2010 up. Ones I've been finding are 2006-2008. Not bad I just like the 2010 and up style. Yeah the sequoias are really nice but out of our price range. Have you have any problems out of yours? And what year is it

They are fantastic vehicles. They hold their value really well though.

Yeah that's the main draw for me. Also the reliability. Only owned 3 vehicles and all have been GM's. each one has given me issues. major rain leaks inside to electrical. These past 2 years I had to get 2 new tie rods on my g6 and never even ran over any big bumps. Ridiculous

2010 up. Ones I've been finding are 2006-2008. Not bad I just like the 2010 and up style. Yeah the sequoias are really nice but out of our price range. Have you have any problems out of yours? And what year is it

Ours is 10 years old now (2006), but only has 130k miles on it. Can't justify buying anything new right now. It has everything we need

Last edited:
Ours is 10 years old now (2006), but only has 130k miles on it. Can't justify buying anything knew right now. It has everything we need

Do you think it would be a good family car (2 kids) besides being high up?

I have one for 2 kids with the 3rd row seats and it's perfect for kids. I had a very hard time finding what I wanted and all the dealers said they're incredibly high in demand. I'd recommend looking at Highlander's as well. They are very similar in size and usually have the 3rd row seat.

It's a great size. It's bigger than the 4 Runner. When ever we travel, we have tons of room to carry stuff in the back and the 3rd row also lays down for more space.

200k on mine, I will drive it until it catches fire. Like the new ones too but this one keeps running.

It's a great size. It's bigger than the 4 Runner. When ever we travel, we have tons of room to carry stuff in the back and the 3rd row also lays down for more space.

Oh wait you have a sequoia? Thought you had a 4Runner sorry

200k on mine, I will drive it until it catches fire. Like the new ones too but this one keeps running.

Traded my 1989 4runner in 2000 for a 1998 one owner with 40,000 miles on it. Still have it and runs great even though it's not my daily driver. Put three batteries on it, alternator and one serpentine belt. It now has 265,000 miles on it.

People would always ask how is it in snowy weather and I would always say, it will climb a tree covered in ice. It's short wheelbase with the weight of the body on the back axle (unlike a truck bed) makes it ideal.

As for your original question not sure about the newer ones, mine still runs fine. :)

Traded my 1989 4runner in 2000 for a 1998 one owner with 40,000 miles on it. Still have it and runs great even though it's not my daily driver. Put three batteries on it, alternator and one serpentine belt. It now has 265,000 miles on it.

People would always ask how is it in snowy weather and I would always say, it will climb a tree covered in ice. It's short wheelbase with the weight of the body on the back axle (unlike a truck bed) makes it ideal.

As for your original question not sure about the newer ones, mine still runs fine. :)

Yeah I have heard its off road and driving in snow performance is in a category of its own. I also love the tough and rugged look to them. Don't want a mommy looking SUV

Last edited:
I have a 2011 SR5. Bought it May for $25K 68K miles Dark Gray,4WD, leather, sunroof, third row seats, all the bells and whistles.....basically a Limited and in very, very nice condition.

They do exist but you need to look at Autotrader every day and be Johnny on the spot when one comes up

I bought a 2005 2WD for my son three years ago for $11K at 90K miles. While I was looking for mine, I noticed 2005s with 120K miles selling for $11.5K Resale really does hold up well for the 4Runners.

Last edited:
I have a 2011 SR5. Bought it May for $25K 68K miles Dark Gray,4WD, leather, sunroof, third row seats, all the bells and whistles.....basically a Limited and in very, very nice condition.

They do exist but you need to look at Autotrader every day and be Johnny on the spot when one comes up

I bought a 2005 2WD for my son three years ago for $11K at 90K miles. While I was looking for mine, I noticed 2005s with 120K miles selling for $11.5K Resale really does hold up well for the 4Runners.

Yeah that's exactly the one I want lol. With running boards. It will pop up eventually. I check Autotrader and CarMax daily

My wife wants a new 4runner. I have been looking at them and the Toyota dealers are mighty proud of them. They won't come off the sticker much. What is the most anyone has gotten off sticker for a new one?

My wife wants a new 4runner. I have been looking at them and the Toyota dealers are mighty proud of them. They won't come off the sticker much. What is the most anyone has gotten off sticker for a new one?

You won't get much off the sticker. They're very high in demand, and it's hard to find used ones. Their value doesn't depreciate much and probably holds its worth bettter than most other vehicles.

Yeah I've been looking for a used one under 80k miles,4wd for $25k ,3rd row seats but can do without for 5 months now and still haven't found one. Like a diamond in a rough.

Personal Auto Locator Services. (PALS of Knox). will drive your car to you. looked for a highlander for 2 years. finally got it.

Grrrrr. It's almost like toyotas are luxury vehicles these days with the way their prices are

Thing is, there is not luxury car profit margin on the vehicles, and Toyota doesn't do big rebates. But yeah, when buying a 4-runner, you can't be afraid to open up your checkbook.

I know they aren't what they used to be, but try truecar.com. It at least gives you an idea of what the invoice is on the vehicle.

VN Store

Back