Best Vols breakfast spot in town?

SmokeyDogg

I was wondering what you guys thought was the seminal breakfast spot in town for Vols fans.

Not necessarily the best breakfast in Knoxville, but the most Vol-centric one.

My cousin goes to Mizzou and I visited him last weekend (I know, I missed THE game...) and there was a diner just outside of town that was run by a sweet old lady that was also a huge Mizzou fan --like she turned into a crazy lunatic when you got her talking about MU football-- and I was just wondering if you guys knew of any places in Knoxville like that?

My cuz is coming in next weekend for the Bama game and I wanna bring him somewhere like that here.

If I were you, I'd say forget the Vol theme and just go to Tupelo Honey. :)

The Torch is gone. The fresh giant cinnamon rolls are no more. :sad:

Awesome! Pete's looks great, and it seems like he may be the Knoxville equivalent to that old lady from the diner.

Follow-up question, where should I take my cousin after the game???

We're obviously gonna hit Calhoun's and at some point end up at Gus's, but whatyda think is the best post-game spot for partying after we destroy Bama's nat'l championship hopes?

I'm one of the 3 people that thinks Calhoun's is awful. Location is great, but it's Applebees by the river.

Awesome! Pete's looks great, and it seems like he may be the Knoxville equivalent to that old lady from the diner.

Follow-up question, where should I take my cousin after the game???

We're obviously gonna hit Calhoun's and at some point end up at Gus's, but whatyda think is the best post-game spot for partying after we destroy Bama's nat'l championship hopes?

Just stay on Market Square after the game. Traffic will be hell trying to get anywhere else in town.

And Calhoun's does suck!!:clapping:

What do you mean by Old Kingston Pike?

It's a short section of the original Kingston Pike (before it was realigned with a new bridge over the Southern Railway tracks) just west of Kingston Pike and Lyon's View Drive. Long's address should be KP, but their front door is real close to OKP which runs right behind the shopping center.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a short section of the original Kingston Pike (before it was realigned with a new bridge over the Southern Railway tracks) just west of Kingston Pike and Lyon's View Drive. Long's address should be KP, but their front door is real close to OKP which runs right behind the shopping center.

Oh Okay, thanks for the explanation.

Calhouns is mediocre at best. I do have a soft spot for copper cellar though. You boys gonna call me names because of that?

VN Store

Back