Rest In Peace KING/!

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-7.43.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-7.23.39-PM.png

Follow

Alex Miceli @alexmiceli
Just confirmed through sources that Arnold Palmer passed away today at the age 87 in Pittsburgh, PA. RIP The King.
8:18 PM - 25 Sep 2016
1,122 Retweets
481 likes

Reactions: 1 person
RIP Arnold

If yall believe that death comes in 3's, that's 2 athletes today. Im scared to see the news tomorrow.

He embodied all that is great and loved about the game of golf. He will be missed.

One of my childhood sports heros. Along with Johnny Unitas, Hank Aaron and Muhammad Ali. He had a good long life. But it's still a sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed happened about an hour apart at Augusta National during Arnold's final round there on Friday in 2004.

My buddy and I wandered up to the rope on 13 where many land their t-shots. In 2004 the patrons were allowed right up next to the fairway. Now they're kept about 50' back in the pine needles. So we spot a ball pretty near the rope and decided to stand there and wait for whoever hit it and watch them take their approach shot. We lucked out... it was Arnie's ball. This was his last fairway shot at the Masters on Amen Corner. He walks up and had to wait for others to hit, so he was there shooting the bull with us for a minute or two. He says something about seeing a water moccasin that was so big (gesturing with his hands showing us how big it was). I really don't even know how his shot landed... he might have put it in one of the traps.

After he hit we wandered over to 15/16. Found a spot behind the 16th green and decided it was a good place to hang out and watch Palmer as he played that hole. Then the most amazing thing happens... Arnie is on or walking up to the 16th green and Jack Nicklaus had just hit his tee shot on #6. Jack was walking down that steep hill. Arnie is on 16. They spot each other. Jack waves to Arnie and Arnie waves back at Jack. The crowd roared louder than if one if the leaders had just hit a hole-in-one on 16. The most amazing moment that I'e ever witnessed. Not just golf or sport. In life itself. RIP Arnold.

Reactions: 2 people
A true classic. I'm glad I got to see him hit a few shots in the Masters. Arnie, you will be missed!

VN Store

Back