How to listen to Luke Bryan

This new pop bro country is unbearable. I can't wait until more Chris Stapleton's pop up. For now, I just tune in to Willie 102 and listen to the old school stuff.

Nashville country blows so hard right now. Every song is:

In my truck
Dirt roads
Getting drunk/high
Really hot girl
Really hot girl doing hot things

It's like one guy is writing all the songs. And he sucks at writing songs. And then sometimes there's rapping or dub beats. There's nothing original, no songs that actually have a story or anything. It's trash. What's sad is if you find a small time act and listen to them the moment they sign in Nashville their next cd will sound like that.

Reactions: 4 people
Nashville country blows so hard right now. Every song is:

In my truck
Dirt roads
Getting drunk/high
Really hot girl
Really hot girl doing hot things

It's like one guy is writing all the songs. And he sucks at writing songs. And then sometimes there's rapping or dub beats. There's nothing original, no songs that actually have a story or anything. It's trash. What's sad is if you find a small time act and listen to them the moment they sign in Nashville their next cd will sound like that.

Yep. Example - Jason Aldean

Haha, somebody sent me that video this weekend. Check out his "Life Hacks Compilation" video for some good laughs.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixFHbwtM44[/youtube]

Last edited:
I have a love/hate relationship with country...seems like since the 90s it's had too much pop influence. Give me Johnny, Willie, and the old guys. I wanna hear a story that will make me cry when i listen to country.

I went to the country music festival thing at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City a few weeks back. It was a charity event, but my god do I wish I could have my $45 back. Between Big & Rich fellating the flag and whoever the hell else played, I had 8 tallboys and still wasn't drunk enough to bear it.

I went to the country music festival thing at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City a few weeks back. It was a charity event, but my god do I wish I could have my $45 back. Between Big & Rich fellating the flag and whoever the hell else played, I had 8 tallboys and still wasn't drunk enough to bear it.
The fact that Big & Rich have made a single dollar playing music is pretty much indicative of where we stand as a society.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk[/youtube]

Can the rest of you hear the implied bagpipes in this? Do you yearn for a remix with bagpipes? Do you want to grow your hair and beard long, run around in a kilt and boots, drinkin' Popcorn Sutton's recipe white whiskey, smokin' pot, cookin' up critters with ramps 'n' sech, livin' the life between 2,000' and 6600' ASL?

His music is god awful. I would like to punch him square in the nose and then remove his vocal chords so he can never make another god awful song

His music is god awful. I would like to punch him square in the nose and then remove his vocal chords so he can never make another god awful song

No no, we need that music. So when people say "oh I love Luke Bryan" I know that is someone I want to avoid.

The fact that Big & Rich have made a single dollar playing music is pretty much indicative of where we stand as a society.

Their entire schtick is bringing a soldier up, having him drink Crown Royal, and then playing Save a Horse.

Not crazy about Luke Bryan But there's been much worse. Barbara Mandrel, Lee Greenwood, Keith Urban, Ann Murray just to name a few.

VN Store

Back