East TN gas shortage

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
There was a supply line with a leak discovered in Alabama. While the line is being repaired our gas will be brought in solely by big rigs. Many stations have already run out of gas. Fill up your tanks ASAP if you haven't already.

Stupid panic has already started. Most stations around here do not have gas. Instead of buying gas when they needed to people went crazy and filled up everything they could.

Reactions: 2 people
I figured it was panic buying that caused this. Someone suggested I go fill up yesterday and I didn't, but I went to get some gas today and stations were completely out. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

Reactions: 1 person
I was lucky to have filled up Friday over lunch. I just moved closer to my work, so a full tank should be plenty

You all should look at this and wonder what would happen when credit ceases up and all commerce stops if (or when) we have a dollar crisis. When the gas trucks and food trucks stop running, you will see what you see right here... hoarding of resources.

You all should look at this and wonder what would happen when credit ceases up and all commerce stops if (or when) we have a dollar crisis. When the gas trucks and food trucks stop running, you will see what you see right here... hoarding of resources.

Unfortunately, you are right. That's why many are stocking up on supplies for when that does happen. It won't take long for things to get real ugly.

And do what? Horde for a future failure? If it happens the. That's the beginning of the end.

That's what ball ammo is for. AP if they get a little uppity.

Although we aren't in good shape the rest of the world is worse. There won't be a dollar crisis in our lifetime.

Went to Buddy's BBQ tonight. Their computers were down. Got free dinner. Ha-ha, just saying

Is this waning? I was able to fill up last night and I went ahead and drove into work, and I didn't notice any less traffic or people missing from work.

Is this waning? I was able to fill up last night and I went ahead and drove into work, and I didn't notice any less traffic or people missing from work.

yeah. Many stations in Nashville were out on Saturday and Sunday but now they're getting deliveries.

Although we aren't in good shape the rest of the world is worse.

We're simply the cleanest needle in the sewer. We will most likely be the last country to suffer, but once our time comes, you will see epic level chaos. Look at how people behave on Black Friday. Look at how people behave whenever the weatherman mentions ice or snow.

There won't be a dollar crisis in our lifetime.
I am very surprised we have survived this long to be honest. We are well past due.

We're simply the cleanest needle in the sewer. We will most likely be the last country to suffer, but once our time comes, you will see epic level chaos. Look at how people behave on Black Friday. Look at how people behave whenever the weatherman mentions ice or snow.

I am very surprised we have survived this long to be honest. We are well past due.

Good grief Ras. We have a specific regional gas problem that's estimated to last no more than 10 days and you're making it out to be a doomsday event.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't stand between Black Friday Psycho Shoppers and their quarry and you will be fine. They return to their trailer parks by sundown.

Don't stand between Black Friday Psycho Shoppers and their quarry and you will be fine. They return to their trailer parks by sundown.

My sister in law is one of those idiots...and she's a fairly successful adult. We've proven to her multiple times the "deals" she chases are no better than a regular sale, but she refuses to believe it. Beats anything I've seen.

My sister in law is one of those idiots...and she's a fairly successful adult. We've proven to her multiple times the "deals" she chases are no better than a regular sale, but she refuses to believe it. Beats anything I've seen.

My father in law is the same way. He's the type that is selectively skeptical (i.e. kind of a borderline conspiracy nut type). So it's hilarious to watch him every Black Friday get up at 4 AM and go out and come home with so much junk that he acts like he got for such a great deal.

The funniest was 2-3 years ago he came home with a Playstation 3 and about 15 games, and he doesn't even play video games. He was going on about how great of a deal it was and I went through all the games and almost all of them were older games that would be under $20 soon anyway.

Even funnier I was there a few months ago and went and checked and all but 1 are still wrapped in the original plastic, and the only 1 open is the game I opened the day after he got all that because I was there alone and bored.

I sometimes enjoy Black Friday shopping in more of a nostalgic way. It was fun for me when I was a teen to go out with my mom and deal with the cold. When I do it now (not as frequently albeit), it's still got that feel.

I sometimes enjoy Black Friday shopping in more of a nostalgic way. It was fun for me when I was a teen to go out with my mom and deal with the cold. When I do it now (not as frequently albeit), it's still got that feel.

I last went about 6 years ago. I won't get up that early but usually there's some video game I want that I know not many other will. The last time I went GameStop had 3 Wii games on sale for under $20 and I waited until about 10:00 AM to go in and they still had all 3.

Before that the last time I went "for real" was way back when the PlayStation 2 was new. Comp USA (which isn't even around anymore) was selling them for $200 if you bought GTA 3 with it. So I stood in line and it was a madhouse, but I got one, but I also pretty much vowed to never do that again.

Nevermind the fact that Black Friday goods are more cheaply made compared to the same products made throughout the year. The TVs will have slightly different model numbers indicating what they are. People risking life and limb for stuff they really don't need and possibly can't afford. Not a comforting thing to base your economy on.

Nevermind the fact that Black Friday goods are more cheaply made compared to the same products made throughout the year. The TVs will have slightly different model numbers indicating what they are. People risking life and limb for stuff they really don't need and possibly can't afford. Not a comforting thing to base your economy on.

70% of the US economy is consumer based.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/youtube]

VN Store

Back