The Anxiety thread

Berry4Heisman14

VOL til death
Hey everyone, serious thread here anyone here a anxiety sufferer? I just recently had mine triggered and I'm looking for people to discuss it with that may experience it as well. I have health anxiety better known as hypochondria

I have it. Not sure how bad compared to you but I do. Mine triggers my Crohn's disease and that is a whole other issue to deal with. Sucks.

I have it. Not sure how bad compared to you but I do. Mine triggers my Crohn's disease and that is a whole other issue to deal with. Sucks.

I had bloody stool one night due to constipation and it cut me. My immediate thought was colon cancer instead of a simple fissure. Now I'm having very minor random but consistent head pains after finding out my cousin has fluid in her brain. Anything serious with the brain comes with serious symptoms, where my pain is extremely mild and random. My anxiety basically makes me assume the worst with health, and makes me feel imaginary pains basically

Reactions: 1 person

That's unfortunate I wish you the best on any medication?. It's funny now that my attention has shifted to my head I'm having no abdominal pain or anything. Anxiety is really really powerful

I've had it since I was 18, it's not as bad as it once was. I've learned to cope with it. If you need any suggestions I'm more than willing to help.

I've had it since I was 18, it's not as bad as it once was. I've learned to cope with it. If you need any suggestions I'm more than willing to help.

My question is can anxiety make me feel pains that aren't real? I've noticed after shifting my attention from my stomach to my head my stomach pain has stopped and now I get these minor head pains. I also don't notice the pains when I'm occupied by something else or not thinking about them

That's unfortunate I wish you the best on any medication?. It's funny now that my attention has shifted to my head I'm having no abdominal pain or anything. Anxiety is really really powerful

I take meds for my crohns. I don't have flare ups unless I am super stressed or have an anxiety attack.

I used to dismiss those with anxiety as crazy. However, as I have gotten older and deeper into my career, I worry about everything now. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work and wondering if I missed something. I know its real now

I used to dismiss those with anxiety as crazy. However, as I have gotten older and deeper into my career, I worry about everything now. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work and wondering if I missed something. I know its real now

It's very real there's just different types of anxiety. I'll wake up and immediately think about my head or my stomach and boom there's pain. When I'm not thinking about it then everything is fine. Yours sounds minor though,I hope it stays that way. Although I know I'm fine physically it still bothers me it's the "what ifs" that keep my anxiety fueled personally.

I got really bad panic attacks when I was younger and I have some depression but I've learned to control it all pretty well without having to take any prescription drugs.

I will say for me getting into regular exercise helps, especially with the anxiety issues.

I got really bad panic attacks when I was younger and I have some depression but I've learned to control it all pretty well without having to take any prescription drugs.

I will say for me getting into regular exercise helps, especially with the anxiety issues.
Being occupied definitely takestill my mind off of it. I usually watch some UT highlight videos or listen to some music. I just wish it could go away permanently

I had some last year after I broke my leg. Just freaked out cause my wife rarely drives because of her health and medicine, and I do all of our shopping. I got worried how I was gonna "do everything " laid up with a broke leg. Then I got h pylorie (that's probably spelled wrong), and that crap caused problems and made my worrying worse. I'm Christian, so I read my Bible and prayed a lot when I couldn't get worrying off my mind. I know everyone is different, and different things work for different people. Hope and pray yours gets better.

I did spend more time on here being harassed by the night owl people, that honestly made me laugh and helped also.

My question is can anxiety make me feel pains that aren't real? I've noticed after shifting my attention from my stomach to my head my stomach pain has stopped and now I get these minor head pains. I also don't notice the pains when I'm occupied by something else or not thinking about them

Absolutely. That's why you need to keep busy. I've been through some of the same things you're talking about. For me, working out/exercising reduces my anxiety. Kind of exerting my nervous energy. Also when I feel something coming on, though it's fewer and far between since medication and time, I usually go in a dark cold room, or call someone you know will understand what you're going through to calm you down.

I suffered from random anxiety/panic attacks back in 2013-2014. I couldn't tell you how long exactly this went on but it was easily months. Certain things seemed to make it worse, especially driving in my car. To make a long story short I inadvertently learned I had mono and that was the only thing I can attribute the anxiety to to this day. What I've learned about anxiety though is it's mostly psychological. A thought gets into your head, your mind latches on to it, and from that point on it snowballs into a panic attack. The best thing to do is to stop thinking before it gets to that point. Slow, steady breathing in addition to doing something to help take your mind off it. I would start cleaning if I felt a panic attack coming on or call a friend and start talking with them. This makes you think of other things instead of what is bothering you. Talking on the phone can help normalize breathing which can help to stop anxiety. It can vary between people, some hold their breath during anxiety and some hyperventilate and both of these in excess will make things worse. To stop a really bad anxiety attack that you can't seem to shake, fill a large bowl or sink with cold water, throw a bunch of ice in with it(it has to be really cold ice water). Submerge just your face in the bowl for as long as you can stand it(trust me, it won't be long at all).

I suffer from a mild form of it. I can't take crowded places very well. I keep Xanax at home for emergencies. 20 pills usually last me a year.

My ex wife on the other hand, would lose her mind. Thinking she was going to die. Crying uncontrollably and a lot of the times in the floor doing it. She could be dead asleep and wake up screaming. Some scary stuff. She has had control of it the last 5-6 years. She still gets them but she's able to control it better.
I'll agree with VSF, exercise helped her. She does take a mild medication to help as well.

Yes. For the last four years I have had it. Sometimes I'm lucky and it kind of goes away somewhat but it always comes back in waves. I had never had it until I was 18. I was 18 years old and literally started feeling lightheaded and like I needed to cry while at work one day. It spiraled into me fast walking into the break room and having to tell my supervisor to give me a few minutes. I ended up going to the doctor from there and getting an ekg and bloodwork which came back both being great. Since then I have had numerous tests and everything has came back fine. I feel like crap most of the time and like I have nowhere near the energy I should have. I get bouts of heart palpitations every now and then which scare the heck out of me but I have been tested. Right now my biggest issue is the weird vertigo/dizzy feeling I get from time to time. It almost always sends me straight into feeling like I can't breathe correctly which leads to conscious breathing. Like if I stop forcing breaths then I will stop breathing. It sucks but somehow here I am so you can do it bud. Trust me I hate to admit it but I've talked to family about ending if all before. It had me up for days and days at a time. Thought I was losing my mind.

Btw, just to relate I have hypochondria as well. I've been to a neurologist and passed with flying colors, I've had so many blood tests and ekg's, I've even changed doctors so one wouldn't think I was insane, I've been to an ENT who specializes in throats because I was convinced I had a cancerous lump in my neck. And every time I left thinking they were full of crap because I had to be right.

Last edited:
I actually don't like crowds anymore either. It's made going to sporting events and concerts pretty difficult, even college and NFL games that used to be a de-stresser.

Yes. For the last four years I have had it. Sometimes I'm lucky and it kind of goes away somewhat but it always comes back in waves. I had never had it until I was 18. I was 18 years old and literally started feeling lightheaded and like I needed to cry while at work one day. It spiraled into me fast walking into the break room and having to tell my supervisor to give me a few minutes. I ended up going to the doctor from there and getting an ekg and bloodwork which came back both being great. Since then I have had numerous tests and everything has came back fine. I feel like crap most of the time and like I have nowhere near the energy I should have. I get bouts of heart palpitations every now and then which scare the heck out of me but I have been tested. Right now my biggest issue is the weird vertigo/dizzy feeling I get from time to time. It almost always sends me straight into feeling like I can't breathe correctly which leads to conscious breathing. Like if I stop forcing breaths then I will stop breathing. It sucks but somehow here I am so you can do it bud. Trust me I hate to admit it but I've talked to family about ending if all before. It had me up for days and days at a time. Thought I was losing my mind.

Btw, just to relate I have hypochondria as well. I've been to a neurologist and passed with flying colors, I've had so many blood tests and ekg's, I've even changed doctors so one wouldn't think I was insane, I've been to an ENT who specializes in throats because I was convinced I had a cancerous lump in my neck. And every time I left thinking they were full of crap because I had to be right.
I've considered seeing a neurologist too but deep down i know there isn't anything wrong with my head. Serious head problems come with migraines vomiting and numbness even paralyzation in limbs. I know all this but still worry about well what if? I just started taking medicine,hasn't done much yet though

All of my blood work came back clear too. I usually get that weird vertigo dizzy feeling after eating for some reason. And at times I'll randomly get into this trance where it's like nothing is real everything is foggy. It usually happens when I let my mind wander off

VN Store

Back