1305 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Anxiety thread Page 17. within the forum The Pub. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #241
jhamilton1208

The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry4Heisman14 View Post
I appreciate all that very much that's a huge help honestly I have the most peace of mind when I'm working or playing my video games. I forget about the pains during that time then I'll think hmmmmmmm that's weird my chest isn't hurting or something then just like that the pains occur. It's pretty amazing actually although it controls my every day life to an extent

Not going into your history, but if you have some trauma, find a therapist that specializes in EMDR, have a few sessions of it and see if it helps. There's usually something underlying that drives the anxiety, and if you can come to terms and resolve it, it helps the anxiety tremendously.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #242
B-Stizzy
#1 Senior Member

The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread
The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread
Ask your Dr. about propanol. Worked for me.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #243
gasguy98
Ih8themaroonwave

The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry4Heisman14 View Post
My question is can anxiety make me feel pains that aren't real? I've noticed after shifting my attention from my stomach to my head my stomach pain has stopped and now I get these minor head pains. I also don't notice the pains when I'm occupied by something else or not thinking about them
Yes, it can cause heart palpitations, unexplained pain, fatigue...countless small ailments. Part of it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #244
jhamilton1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stizzy View Post
Didn't even think about that. My wife takes it for anxiety. Low dose. The mechanism for anyone curious is that it blocks the flight fight or freeze response - epinephrine / norepinephrine (adrenaline, noradrenaline) at the beta 1&2 adrenergic receptors, so it keeps you from getting that "rush" so to speak.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #245
B-Stizzy
#1 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamilton1208 View Post
Didn't even think about that. My wife takes it for anxiety. Low dose. The mechanism for anyone curious is that it blocks the flight fight or freeze response - epinephrine / norepinephrine (adrenaline, noradrenaline) at the beta 1&2 adrenergic receptors, so it keeps you from getting that "rush" so to speak.
My Dr. Prescribed it to me when I was in school. I was having to do a lot of presentations and I get real nervous with public speaking. I have some social anxiety and this really helped.
He also said it was non addictive so that was a plus.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #246
jhamilton1208

Quote:
My Dr. Prescribed it to me when I was in school. I was having to do a lot of presentations and I get real nervous with public speaking. I have some social anxiety and this really helped.
He also said it was non addictive so that was a plus.
That's actually pretty common. I'very heard of a few people that take it for public speaking, or if they're getting in front of a class to teach. Blood pressure meds is all it is.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #247
 kiddiedoc 
Renaissance Man

I recently came across what I believe might be the best current publication for the treatment of generalized anxiety and panic. I may have previously recommended some of the author's earlier online resources. For those eager for relief without medication, check it out:

Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks
Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks: Barry McDonagh: 9780956596253: Amazon.com: Books
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #248
jjay2518

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddiedoc View Post
I recently came across what I believe might be the best current publication for the treatment of generalized anxiety and panic. I may have previously recommended some of the author's earlier online resources. For those eager for relief without medication, check it out:

Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks
Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks: Barry McDonagh: 9780956596253: Amazon.com: Books
Just read through an article about this, and it sounds pretty similar to what I reasoned out to stop taking all anxiety medication and overcome a pretty bad case of GAD. From my experience this book offers legit advice that can really help people if they commit to it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #249
 kiddiedoc 
Renaissance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjay2518 View Post
Just read through an article about this, and it sounds pretty similar to what I reasoned out to stop taking all anxiety medication and overcome a pretty bad case of GAD. From my experience this book offers legit advice that can really help people if they commit to it.
Yes, the general idea is not a novel treatment concept: recognize anxious sensations and thoughts, learn to allow/accept them as uncomfortable but harmless, and challenge them/put your mind back in control. The author does present the technique in a very understandable and practical manner, which would be useful in crunch-time for an anxiety-sufferer.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #250
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Propanolol. Propanol is just an OH group hanging on the end of a propane chain. C3OH8 is propanol and propanolol, the anxiety drug, is C16NO2H21. Couple of aromatic rings mixed in with propanolol as well, like most drugs have just for the lipophilicity. Sorry, I got a Chem degree so just trying to help to avoid confusion at the Dr. Good luck though, I've been battling depression and anxiety since my late teens. Meditation, exercise and introspection have seemed to help me more than any of the various meds I've been prescribed over the years. Not discounting the support meds can give, just trying to share what worked for me. Hope it gets better.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #251
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Yes, the general idea is not a novel treatment concept: recognize anxious sensations and thoughts, learn to allow/accept them as uncomfortable but harmless, and challenge them/put your mind back in control. The author does present the technique in a very understandable and practical manner, which would be useful in crunch-time for an anxiety-sufferer.
Sounds extremely similar to what a therapist suggested to me a few years back that has really helped getting the panic attacks and anxiety under control. May need to read the whole thing. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #252
 kiddiedoc 
Renaissance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Sounds extremely similar to what a therapist suggested to me a few years back that has really helped getting the panic attacks and anxiety under control. May need to read the whole thing. Thanks for the suggestion.
Absolutely. It's an easy read and probably needs to be repeated for things to stick. There are audio files that are free to access, too. Also, you can connect to other people who have used the program and be encouraged by their stories.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #253
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Absolutely. It's an easy read and probably needs to be repeated for things to stick. There are audio files that are free to access, too. Also, you can connect to other people who have used the program and be encouraged by their stories.
Hmm that's interesting. I haven't read up on the subject as much as I should since I actually suffer from it. Did more research on the actual drugs and chemical research more than anything but I guess that's more of an indictment of my personal interests. Just really went by a couple therapists suggestions and did what worked for me. Grief and trauma support groups have also been a great help so I imagine that works similarly to the connection to other stories from this book/series.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #254
Carl Pickens

I'm having anxiety like a MF.... lost both my parents this year.... my mom's twin sister.... my brother has cancer and is going through chemo.... already had surgery and radiation....trying to settle my father's estate.... have four daughters. I don't really drink much, but if anyone wants to bake me some Mary J brownies I sure would appreciate it..... muffins will work too
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #255
wildnkrazykat

The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread The Anxiety thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pickens View Post
I'm having anxiety like a MF.... lost both my parents this year.... my mom's twin sister.... my brother has cancer and is going through chemo.... already had surgery and radiation....trying to settle my father's estate.... have four daughters. I don't really drink much, but if anyone wants to bake me some Mary J brownies I sure would appreciate it..... muffins will work too
I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine.
Reply With Quote TOP