Indoor Go-Carts

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Anyone been to the new place in Cedar Bluff? Fun? Options for kids?

Also, where are the best grown-up tracks? I heard Charlotte has a nice one.

Just learned that Veloce isn't open yet. Looks to be soon though.

Just learned that Veloce isn't open yet. Looks to be soon though.

Last I saw when I drove by last week, it looks like it's in the very early stages. Almost like they put the signs up on the building, but had only cleared the old Kroger stuff out. Maybe they only got the ventilation system in, so far

The Motoplex in Charlotte/Pineville is really nice take your wallet though.

65 mph..

Music City Indoor Karting in Nashville is awesome. ~.5 mile from Titans (Nissan) Stadium, on the same side of the river. Electric karts that go about 40 mph. Been down there from Knoxville probably 3 times, love it!

Music City Indoor Karting in Nashville is awesome. ~.5 mile from Titans (Nissan) Stadium, on the same side of the river. Electric karts that go about 40 mph. Been down there from Knoxville probably 3 times, love it!

Was going to suggest this place as well.

Last I saw when I drove by last week, it looks like it's in the very early stages. Almost like they put the signs up on the building, but had only cleared the old Kroger stuff out. Maybe they only got the ventilation system in, so far

They've gotten quite a bit done actually.

Someone has been keeping quite the extensive renovation photo album.

Veloce Indoor Speedway - Knoxville, TN - Built-More, LLC General Contractors Commercial Construction Company!

veloce-knoxville-tn890-1024x765.jpg

veloce-knoxville-tn893-1024x765.jpg

I'd like to know how they plan on venting the place of exhaust fumes.

I mentioned earlier, Music City Indoor Karting in Nashville uses electric karts, so there are no fumes. They have two rows of karts, one row quick charges while the other row is out racing. I have no idea what the plans are for the Veloce here in Knoxville, but based on what I've found out about the location in Milwaukee, theirs could be electric models as well.

Pretty sure they are all electric.

Getting the grass to grow in the infield is the real problem.

Reactions: 2 people
I drove by today. They have the signage up, but it still looks a month or so out. Looks like they will use electric karts. They also have pricing on their website.

I wish they had like a yearly pass that got like up to 20 runs a week for about $300 a year. I'd get good value out of that.

I haven't ridden a go-kart in easily over a decade so I don't know what the newest tech is. Maybe someone can school me because I can't imagine an electric go-kart being as peppy as a good old gas engine.

I haven't ridden a go-kart in easily over a decade so I don't know what the newest tech is. Maybe someone can school me because I can't imagine an electric go-kart being as peppy as a good old gas engine.

Apparently you haven't watched the Tesla ride-along videos.

Reactions: 1 person
I tried it on Wednesday. It was fun. I hope they make it, but at $16 for a 5-7 minute session it is an expensive proposition. I also didn't see any sort of arcade machines or anything else, so it is go karting and go karting only.

I will probably go back during a busier time so I can run against more people.

Also, I am all in on a VN race 🏁.

I tried it on Wednesday. It was fun. I hope they make it, but at $16 for a 5-7 minute session it is an expensive proposition. I also didn't see any sort of arcade machines or anything else, so it is go karting and go karting only.

I will probably go back during a busier time so I can run against more people.

Also, I am all in on a VN race 🏁.

Can we eat a pound of shrooms first?

VN Store

Back