Anyone catch Tennessee in the Little League World Series?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Crazy win tonight over the team from California in extra innings. They play again tomorrow at 3pm against Iowa. Definitely a fun group to watch and pull for.

Crazy win tonight over the team from California in extra innings. They play again tomorrow at 3pm against Iowa. Definitely a fun group to watch and pull for.

Cool. I'll try to watch tomorrow.

The Tennessee team is from Goodlettsville.

It's not for everybody but I always enjoy the LLWS and its especially fun to have a local team to pull for.

The Tennessee team is from Goodlettsville.

It's not for everybody but I always enjoy the LLWS and its especially fun to have a local team to pull for.

Where is Goodlettsville?

The double play the 2nd baseman executed (made it look ho-hum) all by himself to put the game away was big time.

Yes I beleive Goodletsville won it all a couple of years ago.
Morristown, Tn made it to Williamsport in 1985.

This game is coming on now, ESPN.

they won the US side but went way, way in extra innings with California to do it. It shot the pitch count of their pitchers so they got crushed by one of the Asian teams in the championship

Didn't some of these same kids play a couple years ago in the LLWS? They went pretty far and I think they lost to Japan or something.

Anyway, proud of those kids, hope they win the championship.

they won the US side but went way, way in extra innings with California to do it. It shot the pitch count of their pitchers so they got crushed by one of the Asian teams in the championship

Yes should've clarified they won it all on the US side.

The Tennessee team won 14-3 over Iowa today, hope they do well!

Just watched the highlights on ESPN. Great win. Looks like they play again tomorrow at 7:30, if I'm looking at the schedule correctly.

I've always enjoyed watching the LLWS games. There's some amazing talent on the field, and not just physically, but plenty of baseball smarts as well for that age.

Anybody catch the starting pitcher for Panama that's going on now? The kid was throwing 80mph which the distance converted to 104mph in MLB.

It gets me thinking of back in the day when the LLWS finally got broadcasted with tv cameras. It was a international team but can't remember the team or the year but the kid was like 6'1, supposedly 12 and had a 5 o'clock shadow. The kid couldn't have been younger than 16.

I just hope now in 2016 they have a better way of checking players DOB.

Last edited:
Anybody catch the starting pitcher for Panama that's going on now? The kid was throwing 80mph which the distance converted to 104mph in MLB.

It gets me thinking of back in the day when the LLWS finally got broadcasted with tv cameras. It was a international team but can't remember the team or the year but the kid was like 6'1, supposedly 12 and had a 5 o'clock shadow. The kid couldn't have been younger than 16.

I just hope now in 2016 they have a better way of checking players DOB.

Danny Almonte?

VN Store

Back