Knoxville Center Mall(East Town) Sold

Hopefully it can turn around into something somewhat useful. Lots of memories there for me too, my first job was there.

Always liked the diagram of campus painted on the floor.

Reactions: 2 people
It was a great place until the gangs started hanging out there and they started having shootings. I don't know how they can ever bring it back to what it used to be, because even if they fix the gang problem, research has shown that people just don't do much shopping at malls anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a great place until the gangs started hanging out there and they started having shootings. I don't know how they can ever bring it back to what it used to be, because even if they fix the gang problem, research has shown that people just don't do much shopping at malls anymore.

Gang shootings?

Oh god! When was this? I was there a few months ago and things seemed okay.

I've lived 15 minutes from that mall my entire life and never heard about a gang shooting.

That makes two of us. It's urban lore. There were some car break ins and general robbery and stuff but no gang shootings. The word is they are going to make it more like turkey creek and bring in better shopping and open air atmosphere.

That makes two of us. It's urban lore. There were some car break ins and general robbery and stuff but no gang shootings. The word is they are going to make it more like turkey creek and bring in better shopping and open air atmosphere.

I hate turkey creek. It is impossible to find anything. So many stores hidden from site. If they go open air, there are vastly better formats to go with.

I hate turkey creek. It is impossible to find anything. So many stores hidden from site. If they go open air, there are vastly better formats to go with.

There isn't that much land to do a real turkey creek remodel just not a mall is what I meant. It will be interesting to see what they do.

I remember the gang of senior citizens that broke into the mall when it didn't open for their daily walk :)

Whatever happened with that big development that was supposed to be built at the Sevierville I-40 exit?

I still think there is a good population if the right anchors were there. We would probably go there from Jeff County as would the Grainger and Sevier county folks.

Hello ma, hello pa,
take us down to that East Town Mall
load them inbreds in the truck
we won't cuss, we'll say 'aw shucks'

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQa3-9VWyAU[/youtube]

It's clearly where the white people used to shop.

I remember East Towne's grand opening. I stood in line to get Ricky Schroder's autograph.

Hello ma, hello pa,
take us down to that East Town Mall
load them inbreds in the truck
we won't cuss, we'll say 'aw shucks'

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQa3-9VWyAU[/youtube]

I e spent some good times w Todd Steed

I've eaten lunch at the food court a hundred times in the last 10 years. Never once felt threatened, never saw gang activity, never saw a crime committed unless smoking next to the entrance is a crime.

There is a police precinct there. Gangs would be obliterated if they tried anything.

Even though it's "East Town Mall", it's nothing like East Knoxville/Cherry Street/Magnolia Avenue.

VN Store

Back