T-Mobile One

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
So T-Mobile announced their new phone plans today, which have no data limits. I'm not sure I like the pricing but I'm a big fan of what John Legere has done at T-Mobile. He's changed the wireless game in the past couple years.

His comments today made me laugh.

“Only T-Mobile’s network can handle something as huge as destroying data limits,” said Legere. “Dumb and Dumber can’t do this. They’ve been running away from unlimited data for years now, because they built their networks for phone calls, not for how people use smartphones today. I hope AT&T and Verizon try to follow us. In fact, I challenge them to try.”

These networks seem to all do the same thing. They offer unlimited plans, then 2 to 3 years later try and get everyone off the unlimited plans. Most people manage to skirt the data plan caps by using the wifi on their phones wherever they can.

These networks seem to all do the same thing. They offer unlimited plans, then 2 to 3 years later try and get everyone off the unlimited plans. Most people manage to skirt the data plan caps by using the wifi on their phones wherever they can.

I find it all fascinating, for some weird reason. I'm a phone junkie though. 😀

Interesting.

I currently have 3GB data on TMobile, so I'm trying to see how much this would be for me (or if they automatically switch everybody on Sep 6)

EDIT: sounds like $70 for one line. Not sure if that is everything for the line, or if there is a line access fee or other not included in that

You guys will be able to keep your current plans for the foreseeable future.

Doc, the $70 is for the first line, but it doesn't include HD video. It's unlimited 480p and costs $25 a month for HD, if you want it. Also, the hotspot is limited to 2G speeds, which is kinda ridiculous.

Just spent half an hour on chat with Verizon because the replacement phone they sent for one that quit working wouldn't activate. Here's snippets of our conversation....

You : You sent my son a replacement phone. We are having trouble activating it.
LUCAS : Good evening, sorry to hear that your having issues with the replacement phone. I am happy to help out today. What is the number that were working with today?
You : xxx-xxx-xxxx
You : It tells me the line is suspended.
LUCAS : No worries. We will get you taken care of tonight.
You : Thank you.

LUCAS : I can see the line is suspended. I can get this activated for you right away. If you still have the phone, it would be best to simply move the sim card to the new phone.
You : ok
LUCAS : I will also need to get the IMEI of the new phone if you could. Since the phone was placed on the lost/stolen list, I am not able to reconnect it. I will have to activate the new phone over it, to get it up and running again.
You : The phone was on a lost/stolen list? They shipped us a stolen phone?
LUCAS : The phone that was lost, is the one that is on the list. Since that is the phone that is currently on the account, I am not able to reconnect it.
LUCAS : All I will need to do to get this fixed is to activate the new phone.
You : He didn't lose his phone, it quit working.
You : The imei number on the new phone is xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx.
LUCAS : I am sorry for any confusion. I can see that Asurion has added his Galaxy s5 that is currently activated on the account to the lost/stolen list.

LUCAS : No worries. I was able to activate the replacement device for you.
LUCAS : The device ID you gave me, is actually the one that is on the lost/stolen list.
LUCAS : That is where the issues are coming from.
You : Well, that doesn't make me feel great, they shipped me a stolen phone. :(
LUCAS : I am sorry about this. I am happy to get this taken care of. At this time, we will have to get another device shipped out.
You : I thought you said you were able to activate the device?
LUCAS : I got an error message right at the very end. I am so sorry about this.
You : Oh.

LUCAS : I want to make sure that we get this taken care of for you. Since this phone belongs to Asurion I am not able to remove it from the lost/stolen list.
LUCAS : What I can do is ship out another replacement device so that we can get you a working phone.
You : When will we have the new phone, and can we reactivate the other phone. He can at least get a phone call on it, its just that the touch screen isn't working.
LUCAS : Certainly, I am happy to waive the overnight shipping cost so that it will arrive on Saturday. Since its past 5pm today, it will not ship until tomorrow.
LUCAS : I am happy to activate the old phone as well.
You : OK, please do that.

LUCAS : Sorry about the wait. I was fighting with the account again. It was not allowing me to put his old phone on the account either due to the suspension.
LUCAS : I was able to get it updated this time for us.
You : Well, that's a good thing. Because we've been customers since 2000, we have four lines and at one time five lines, and this would have sent us to AT&T.

LUCAS : I appreciate your business. I want to make sure that we get you all taken care of. I am so sorry about the mix up with the phone that you received.
You : I appreciate that. I realize you don't have a lot of control and are just trying to help. I know Verizon doesn't make it easy. :)
LUCAS : Thanks for being so understanding about all of this. Did you want the phone shipped to the billing address?
You : Yes please. Will we get instructions for shipping the "stolen" phone back as well? Or should I just take it to the police department? haha Just kidding. It's late. Bad joke.
LUCAS : Haha, no worries. The device you received today can be shipped back with the return shipping label from the box.
You : Perfect. That's what we'll do. Thanks.
LUCAS : Its all my pleasure. I just want to make sure that you had a great experience with me, and make sure that I have addressed, and resolved all of your concerns.
LUCAS : Was there anything else I can help out with today?
You : Nope, that was it. Thanks again for trying. Maybe the next phone will work.
LUCAS : I am confident that it will. I work with customers all day every day to activate the replacement devices. This is the first time I have ever seen this. That is why I was flailing a bit during the chat. So thanks for being patient.
You : No problem. At least we were both able to learn something. lol
LUCAS : Haha, its nice to see you in such good spirits!
LUCAS : The phone will be there on Saturday. Thank you for chatting with me today and being the BEST part of Verizon Wireless!

I've had T-Mobile since 2004 and have no complaints whatsoever. I actually still have the original "un plan" haha. Totally unlimited for over 12 years now.

VN Store

Back