Monsters live among us...

VolFaninFla

Stories like this are incredibly painful to read.
The most vulnerable among the most violent...never goes well.
Hope he gets what he deserves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/18/a-father-punched-his-infant-daughter-to-death-because-she-was-making-baby-talk-police-say/

“He admitted he punched her approximately fifteen times in the face with a closed fist,” the documents state. “He stated he punched her approximately seven times in the chest with a closed fist. Defendant admitted squeezing her chest with both hands.”

Last edited:
Stories like this are incredibly painful to read.
The most vulnerable among the most violent...never goes well.
Hope he gets what he deserves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/18/a-father-punched-his-infant-daughter-to-death-because-she-was-making-baby-talk-police-say/

“He admitted he punched her approximately fifteen times in the face with a closed fist,” the documents state. “He stated he punched her approximately seven times in the chest with a closed fist. Defendant admitted squeezing her chest with both hands.”

Perhaps it was intentional, but you left out a very important part of the story... he was punching his 4 month old daughter!

I assumed when I clicked on the link that this would be one adult fighting with another adult. Yes, there are monsters... but this guy is just scum.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps it was intentional, but you left out a very important part of the story... he was punching his 4 month old daughter!

I assumed when I clicked on the link that this would be one adult fighting with another adult. Yes, there are monsters... but this guy is just scum.

You're right. Thank you. I added that to the title.

Stories about child abuse by cowards like him hit very close to home for me.

2nd degree murder ? mental issues ? the DA needs to grow a pair and charge the scumbag with 1st degree and a life term in a max prison with no chance of parole and any judge that doesnt agree should be disrobed

Reactions: 3 people
2nd degree murder ? mental issues ? the DA needs to grow a pair and charge the scumbag with 1st degree and a life term in a max prison with no chance of parole and any judge that doesnt agree should be disrobed

Disrobed and disbarred.... :crazy:

Last edited:

Eh, just take him out back, put two in his head and be done with it.

Reactions: 5 people
She said that in the past, the family had trouble getting Morris help.

Imagine that. The mental health laws are an abomination and are partially to blame when crap like this happens. Getting help for someone who desperately needs it but refuses it is virtually impossible, until the unthinkable happens.

It's disgusting, troubling, and hard to even imagine...which is most likely explainable by extreme mental illness in the perp. It's hard to apply laws that require logic in a case like this. Nobody with sound mind hurts a baby. It's not like a drug deal gone bad or a case of rage-induced violence.

So, we are unable to force treatment/institutionalization in someone with these issues, but we easily jump to "fry the bastard" when the worst-expected happens. It's a very tough issue, but the current system is absolutely screwed up. I've had plenty of experience with both ends, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. Either you "violate" the rights of autonomy on the front, or you deal with the consequences and pass harsh judgment on the back.

It's disgusting, troubling, and hard to even imagine...which is most likely explainable by extreme mental illness in the perp. It's hard to apply laws that require logic in a case like this. Nobody with sound mind hurts a baby. It's not like a drug deal gone bad or a case of rage-induced violence.

So, we are unable to force treatment/institutionalization in someone with these issues, but we easily jump to "fry the bastard" when the worst-expected happens. It's a very tough issue, but the current system is absolutely screwed up. I've had plenty of experience with both ends, and there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. Either you "violate" the rights of autonomy on the front, or you deal with the consequences and pass harsh judgment on the back.
I could not do what you do. Thank you for finding the strength.

I could not do what you do. Thank you for finding the strength.

That's very sweet, but I don't handle it well. Nothing gets to me more than abuse. I have come very close to losing it on a couple of occasions, but I have to remind myself that the greater good requires restraint and allowing the law to handle the outcome. It makes it even harder when I see our legal system fail, and fail miserably.

Imagine that. The mental health laws are an abomination and are partially to blame when crap like this happens. Getting help for someone who desperately needs it but refuses it is virtually impossible, until the unthinkable happens.

I agree that the mental health laws need vast improvement, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle. He killed a baby. I wouldn't bat an eye if they gave him the death penalty. The idea of him ever being around children again fills me with dread.

I agree that the mental health laws need vast improvement, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle. He killed a baby. I wouldn't bat an eye if they gave him the death penalty. The idea of him ever being around children again fills me with dread.

Oh, trust me, I lean that way too. But, with a family member who has been failed, failed, and failed again by the system, I have some remorse that we as a society are not doing what needs to be done to help the mentally ill.

IMO, the more "just" thing would be to forcibly help the ill against their will than to wait until something terrible happens and kill two people.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, trust me, I lean that way too. But, with a family member who has been failed, failed, and failed again by the system, I have some remorse that we as a society are not doing what needs to be done to help the mentally ill.

IMO, the more "just" thing would be to forcibly help the ill against their will than to wait until something terrible happens and have two dead souls.

I don't disagree. I have bipolar disorder myself. I understand the depths of mental illness. I've taught myself to walk away when I get too worked up. I'm thankful I've never seriously hurt anyone. And those who can't find that point, who can't identify when they're at the breaking point, they very much should be forced into treatment. Unfortunately, mental illness carries a stigma of being more weakness of the mind than actual illness. Most people don't understand that mental illness is actually a physical illness of the brain. For whatever reason, those of us who have some form of mental illness have brains that do not function normally. Be it from chemical imbalance, over/under stimulation of parts of the brain, or some other issue, it has a cause and the cause is not weakness.

I have family members with mental illnesses including bipolar and they do a lot of things that I wouldn't do and act ways that I wouldn't act. It's really easy to distinguish, but I have to believe they still know the difference between right and wrong. I believe that because after they do something wrong they always regret it afterwards and spend several days in their depressive swing. They cry, they lay in bed, etc. For someone to do something like this they have to be emotionless. They have to be sociopaths and I really believe there are very few sociopaths in this world. I don't know this guy or his situation, but the fact that he called his mother and girlfriend right after and said he did something wrong leads me to believe he's not a sociopath, just a really violent person. He deserves whatever punishment comes to him and hopefully it comes swiftly.

I have family members with mental illnesses including bipolar and they do a lot of things that I wouldn't do and act ways that I wouldn't act. It's really easy to distinguish, but I have to believe they still know the difference between right and wrong. I believe that because after they do something wrong they always regret it afterwards and spend several days in their depressive swing. They cry, they lay in bed, etc. For someone to do something like this they have to be emotionless. They have to be sociopaths and I really believe there are very few sociopaths in this world. I don't know this guy or his situation, but the fact that he called his mother and girlfriend right after and said he did something wrong leads me to believe he's not a sociopath, just a really violent person. He deserves whatever punishment comes to him and hopefully it comes swiftly.

Different mental illnesses have different effects on the brain. This is merely a guess, but I would think someone like me that is bipolar would be more attached to reality than say someone with full-blown schizophrenia. I know right from wrong, but I wasn't always able to slow my thoughts enough to think before I act. I never seriously harmed anyone(thank God), but there were times I acted out before thought caught up to action. I went through multitudes of medicines with varying effects. Finally, I was able to teach myself to slow down and think before acting. I realized my brain was, in a sense, broken. So I stopped trying to be "normal" and started doing what I needed to do to maintain control.

Different mental illnesses have different effects on the brain. This is merely a guess, but I would think someone like me that is bipolar would be more attached to reality than say someone with full-blown schizophrenia. I know right from wrong, but I wasn't always able to slow my thoughts enough to think before I act. I never seriously harmed anyone(thank God), but there were times I acted out before thought caught up to action. I went through multitudes of medicines with varying effects. Finally, I was able to teach myself to slow down and think before acting. I realized my brain was, in a sense, broken. So I stopped trying to be "normal" and started doing what I needed to do to maintain control.

I get what you're saying and I'm glad you worked your way through it, but beating a baby to death for making baby noises is next level. I can't even fathom the thought of this guy ever walking the streets freely again, rehabbed or not. I do agree that mental illness is a huge problem and we have to get better at catching and treating it before things like this happen, but this crime is unforgivable in my opinion.

There was a story the other day of a son who put his mom in a head lock and dragged her from the shallow end of the family pool to the depend and drowned her. The reason being because she made a comment about him not being on his meds.

I am DONE with mentally ill people, specifically the violent ones. Once they cross that line there is NO excuse! Damn your mental illness, you're nothing but a murderer despite whatever is going on in your head. You killed someone and you should pay for it in the penal system or be put to death(preferably the latter). They should NOT be allowed to claim mental illness and be treated at an institution or some treatment facility.

There was a story the other day of a son who put his mom in a head lock and dragged her from the shallow end of the family pool to the depend and drowned her. The reason being because she made a comment about him not being on his meds.

I am DONE with mentally ill people, specifically the violent ones. Once they cross that line there is NO excuse! Damn your mental illness, you're nothing but a murderer despite whatever is going on in your head. You killed someone and you should pay for it in the penal system or be put to death(preferably the latter). They should NOT be allowed to claim mental illness and be treated at an institution or some treatment facility.

Mental illness or not, you should pay for your actions, but you should also be treated. I'm not saying send them to treatment and then some doctor says their okay now and release them back into society. I'm saying treat them, then when a doctor gives the okay, carry out their punishment.

And on a side note, your aggressive tone is disturbing. Not all of us who have mental illness succumb to the depravity that can come with it. When you write people with mental illness off as a whole, you deny helping some who truly realize they have a problem and want to be fixed.

Nothing could ever justify killing a child in my mind. Not mental illness, not anything. Anyone who commits such an atrocity should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and then some. But the govt should absolutely be doing more to identify and help those with mental illness so they can receive treatment before reaching the point they do something so heinous.

Reactions: 3 people
Mental illness or not, you should pay for your actions, but you should also be treated. I'm not saying send them to treatment and then some doctor says their okay now and release them back into society. I'm saying treat them, then when a doctor gives the okay, carry out their punishment.

And on a side note, your aggressive tone is disturbing. Not all of us who have mental illness succumb to the depravity that can come with it. When you write people with mental illness off as a whole, you deny helping some who truly realize they have a problem and want to be fixed.

Nothing could ever justify killing a child in my mind. Not mental illness, not anything. Anyone who commits such an atrocity should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and then some. But the govt should absolutely be doing more to identify and help those with mental illness so they can receive treatment before reaching the point they do something so heinous.

I realize I have a problem but do not want modern medicine in my brain.

VN Store

Back