Baton Rouge Flooding

What flooding? I watch the news for 25 mins every morning and have yet to hear of this. Chattanooga news killing it on National Headlines I guess

Reactions: 1 person
Did you guys see this? Amazing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJp46z1TS9A[/youtube]

Reactions: 7 people
It's the worst flooding for this area in recorded history, at least since the 1927 flood when Miss. River levees failed. This time we had something like 30 inches of rain in two days, flooding areas that were never known to have flooded before ... and most of those folks saw no reason to have flood insurance. My work closed since last Friday, we are helping folks rip out mud-soaked carpets. Thousands of people are in mass shelters, in some degree of shock over what's just happened.

Wow I just saw a story about it on SEC network. Pathetic I saw it there before my local news. The Mad Hater says it worse than Katrina.

Not trying to be funny, but I wonder how Troy and the boys are making it. Swamp folks look after their own and news of them just doesn't get reported. Any of you La. vols know how they are?

Maybe not local news, but SEC network has given ample air time to the situation with McFarland and Spears. Truly devastating situation. Prayers go out to those affected.

Reactions: 6 people
I didn't know about this until I was at the gym this evening and coverage was on one of the TVs. It's definitely not getting the coverage you would expect from something of this magnitude.

One of my best friends lives in the 12th ward and he said its real bad. Not so bad where he lives, but he said in other parts it was really bad.

What flooding? I watch the news for 25 mins every morning and have yet to hear of this. Chattanooga news killing it on National Headlines I guess

I've noticed that too on Channel 9, but even Good Morning America has started off their shows with it each morning lately.

Not trying to be funny, but I wonder how Troy and the boys are making it. Swamp folks look after their own and news of them just doesn't get reported. Any of you La. vols know how they are?

Troy Landry and family have boats, so I am sure they are busy checking on other folks.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know about UT, but I know USCe is returning the help they received from a year ago:

Death tolls rises to 10 in LA flooding, South Carolina helps outs

Nearly a year after LSU gave the University of South Carolina football team a home field advantage as floodwaters ravaged Columbia, the Gamecocks are returning the help.

South Carolina on Tuesday says it's coordinating the collection of items to be sent to Baton Rouge, which is battling historic flooding.

The school says fans can drop off supplies this week at several locations in Columbia, including Williams-Brice Stadium. Items that are needed include diapers, baby formula, canned foods, towels and blankets.

During massive flooding in South Carolina in October, LSU hosted the Gamecocks in a football game originally scheduled for Columbia. Billboards around Baton Rouge were programmed to read "Geaux Gamecocks! Make yourself at home."

LSU donated net proceeds from the game to South Carolina.

Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I hate to sound crass & uncaring but last time we helped them, LSU fans thanked us by rocking & throwing rocks at our team busses when we played them. I guess we should return kindness to them anyway...

I hate to sound crass & uncaring but last time we helped them, LSU fans thanked us by rocking & throwing rocks at our team busses when we played them. I guess we should return kindness to them anyway...

Yes, we should. It's the right thing to do regardless of their response.

Reactions: 9 people

Yeah, it's called "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

All fan bases have idiots. Yet you would rather damn an entire region based on the actions of the few just because you felt slighted about actions you very likely weren't even a part of.

Very humanitarian of you.

Reactions: 6 people
I live in Livingston parish and this area got hit hard. 80-90% were effected by the floods and 70% were total lost. 11 confirmed dead as of last night. i was lucky not to get flooded out of my house but due to the high water on the roads we were not able to get out till yesterday thanks to my dad with a truck. most all the schools are being used as a shelter or they got flooded. school across the street from me was being used as a shelter got flooded out and had to evacuate everyone by boat to a church and from there get on a helicopter to another shelter. the national news is not covering like they should because of the Olympics/election year.

VN Store

Back