How I wish the Olympic commentary was done

Lol. I was watching sailing the other day and it reminded me of this. Was disappointed he wasnt hired for this Olympics

That entire thing looked stupid as hell. What was the objective? I agree that beam width is controversial. Too narrow in my opinion.

Overall, NBC's coverage of this Olympics s**ks the hind end of a goat. With all of the delivery options available, one would think that an interested party to could watch proper coverage of just about any event in real time. But, NOOooooo....

In order to keep their over-produced prime time pap in the "forefront," they chop up and time delay "live" events included in these nightly broadcasts, only making full coverage of the included events available after the broadcast. Those relegated to online only may begin to run, but will be repeatedly masked by a roll-over SPA for their mobile app, and/or interrupted half-way through by a prompt to create a login.

Wireline and satellite delivery has an unlimited # of alt channels which could be used to transmit blanket coverage in real time. If NBC isn't covering handball matches, etc., they could arrange to transmit the German/French/foreign feed so that those interested could watch it on their HD big screen tellies.

NBC fail.

Reminds me of Mary Carillo's badminton coverage.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/cZDn0U0w78k[/youtube]

VN Store

Back