Samsung Note 7

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Anyone planning to pick up one of these? By most accounts, it sounds like a very solid phone in every way.

I really like some of the Samsung hardware, but I'm not a big fan of their version of Android. And the last time I owned a Note, the Android updates took forever.

I like android, I have an iPhone now, but kinda like android better.

I like android, I have an iPhone now, but kinda like android better.

Android is fun for something different. I mostly use an iPhone but there are a few things Android does much better than iOS.

Android is fun for something different. I mostly use an iPhone but there are a few things Android does much better than iOS.

I do like the iMessage thing though.

My kids would never part with iMessage.

My two youngest have old iPhones with no service just to play with. I like that I can text them on wifi when they're at home, or have wifi somewhere.

I really like some of the Samsung hardware, but I'm not a big fan of their version of Android. And the last time I owned a Note, the Android updates took forever.

I love the idea of the Note, but I switched to a Nexus and will never look back for that very reason.

Is there much of a difference between it and the galaxy S7 Edge? Outside of the pen and gorilla glass 5, I think they are the same under the hood

My two youngest have old iPhones with no service just to play with. I like that I can text them on wifi when they're at home, or have wifi somewhere.

You can use Google Hangouts or any number of messengers on Android or even Windows Phones with WiFi to accomplish this same thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Samsung recalled all Notes 7s yesterday. Carriers will start detailing the process soon.

samsung-galaxy-note-7-fire-car-.png

Allegedly started by a Note 7.

You know this dude really just set his car on fire to get the insurance. It's conveniently parked a good 10 feet from the house as well.

You can use Google Hangouts or any number of messengers on Android or even Windows Phones with WiFi to accomplish this same thing.
Yep, my kids use hangouts and it works great. Love "the general" btw, very comfortable and I get compliments every time I wear it.

I have it. Love the phone. I will swap out with a new one in the coming week. Only a little taller than my Motorola Droid Turbo. Not much different than the edge. I wanted the pen for note taking at work. Feels great in the hand with the curved edges.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

What is so great about iMessage?

Hey Freak, got an answer for this? I'm curious as well. From my understanding, between iPhone users it acts as an instant messaging system using data rather than an actual texting (sms) platform, but still sends out and receives texts to/from non iPhone users. Is this correct?

I'm curious about the upcoming Google Allo app as well. I've been keeping an eye on the Play Store for several weeks and it continues to say 'Coming Soon'. But from what I've read about it so far I'm just not finding out enough about how it will operate. It seems to be a data instant messaging app with Google Now integrated within the app, a smart messaging app if you will. But will the user you're sending something to also have to have it installed on their phone (that's the case for what's app, I believe)? Will it allow to cross an instant messaging platform with users and text to non users the way the that I think the iMessage platform does? Just not finding out much about those type of details

Hey Freak, got an answer for this? I'm curious as well. From my understanding, between iPhone users it acts as an instant messaging system using data rather than an actual texting (sms) platform, but still sends out and receives texts to/from non iPhone users. Is this correct?

I'm curious about the upcoming Google Allo app as well. I've been keeping an eye on the Play Store for several weeks and it continues to say 'Coming Soon'. But from what I've read about it so far I'm just not finding out enough about how it will operate. It seems to be a data instant messaging app with Google Now integrated within the app, a smart messaging app if you will. But will the user you're sending something to also have to have it installed on their phone (that's the case for what's app, I believe)? Will it allow to cross an instant messaging platform with users and text to non users the way the that I think the iMessage platform does? Just not finding out much about those type of details
You're right about iMessage. I don't have any experience with Allo though, so I can't answer that.

With iMessage you can see that your message has been "delivered" and "read" when texting other iphone users. And it shows "..." when someone is replying to you.

VN Store

Back