Tequila

mdrew27

With yesterday being National Tequila Day I wanted to see what some of y'alls favorite tequila brands. Because it's summer and its freaking hot, I've been making homemade margaritas and am using Patron Reposado. After doing a little research I've seen that you can buy really good tequila for less than I'm spending on patron. Anyone else make homemade margaritas? If so, what's your recipie?

I will second Cazadores Reposado as a good inexpensive option for margaritas. No point in spending a lot when it's getting mixed over. Generally, the only thing I buy more expensive tequilas for is sipping neat, and I usually go with añejos for that.

I cant do tequila anymore. The smell of it makes me nauseous

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I can't stand tequila. Except for very nice tequila. And nice tequila is way too expensive. I don't even recall the names of some that I've tried and liked. The only one that comes to mind is Don Julio 1942

I use a simple recipe. Devil Drink. 666

6 oz frozen lime juice
6 oz beer
6 oz tequila

Load blender with ice and enjoy.

For sipping I prefer Petron Silver.

Don Eduardo, Reposado or Anjejo. No time for margaritas when it tastes so good straight up. You can thank me later.

Last edited:
One of the best margaritas I've come up with. Recipe is for one drink.

2oz your favorite margarita mix
1/2oz agave nectar
1/2oz Damiana liqueur
1/2oz Cointreau, Triple Sec, or orange liqueur
1.5oz of anejo tequila
Squeeze of FRESH lime juice to taste(do not try bottled lime juice)

Not sure if any of y'all like a morning drink but I combine .75 oz of cafe tequila, .75 oz reposado patron, pour a cup of hot coffee over it and add whip cream. I can't wait for the weekend thinking about it.

Not sure if any of y'all like a morning drink but I combine .75 oz of cafe tequila, .75 oz reposado patron, pour a cup of hot coffee over it and add whip cream. I can't wait for the weekend thinking about it.

Thanks for the recipe, had a few before work. Can't wait til lunch.

I love the taste of a good teguila.
One, it has flavor. Quality gin would be a close 2nd.

If your mixing tequila with coffee, you got a problem.

I love the taste of a good teguila.
One, it has flavor. Quality gin would be a close 2nd.

If your mixing tequila with coffee, you got a problem.

I love it too. Gin as well. And with any spirit I find no use for mixers (or even ice); just hate hiding the pure flavors.

But for me, there's no match for a good single malt scotch. And there are so many varieties, completely different tastes, from light and fruity to smoky and medicinal, something for everyone.

Good lord, I need to pour a glass.

VN Store

Back