Sports Discussion Board Expats

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
My first foray onto an online sports discussion board was FanNation. It had its drawbacks, but, I enjoyed the company of a passel of CFB regulars. We were more civil than is the current socmed norm. Towards the end, we retreated onto the private threads. When the change came, some haunted the dead threads via a link sent out by one of the more tech savvy among us. Finally, it was all taken down.

I am pleased as punch to have found VolNation! :)

@WestEndVol, I've not seen you on VN much since my return. How are you and that brother of yours?

My first foray onto an online sports discussion board was FanNation. It had its drawbacks, but, I enjoyed the company of a passel of CFB regulars. We were more civil than is the current socmed norm. Towards the end, we retreated onto the private threads. When the change came, some haunted the dead threads via a link sent out by one of the more tech savvy among us. Finally, it was all taken down.

I am pleased as punch to have found VolNation! :)
This place rocks!

Reactions: 1 person
This is the only sports board I post on. I've been to a few others, but VN was my first.

I don't think that there are too many generic sports forums these days. The only free one known to me is privately held. The capricious owner limits members' privileges and bans others on a whim. It only has ~7800 members. I was invited there by former FNers. There were/are a few good folks there, but, with a psycho owner, it's like being in the Red Queen's palace.

Other than VolNation, the strongest fan site I know of is Eleven Warriors (tOSU).

It's good to post among Tennessee alums and fans... For the same reasons we are welcome and well regarded by the places we visit. :yes:

darth-vader-metal-suit-orange-minimalism-128370.jpg

There is only VolNation for us, my son...

I used to be on ESPN a lot back when it was an actual community (like 11 years ago). Some guy was threatening to bash my wife in the face (because of CFB discussions) with a bat and he was posting addresses where I used to live. It was weird.

I love Volnation!

I've visited other teams sites and NONE come close to this place.

I used to be on ESPN a lot back when it was an actual community (like 11 years ago). Some guy was threatening to bash my wife in the face (because of CFB discussions) with a bat and he was posting addresses where I used to live. It was weird.

I had a guy on YouTube comments threatening to hunt me down and kill me and my family. He was like a skin head, and I was pretending to be black. I had him hot.

The worst I've experienced is the psychologically imbalanced poster stalking my posts, twisting my words, assigning to me intent I did not have, all the while accusing me of doing these things to him/her. Though nobody was fooled by this, it was annoying all the same.

Just like the quality of a company you work for has to do with the top guy, message board quality has a lot to do with the admin. Trust me, I've been one.

Just about all other Vol forums essentially force you to follow the beliefs of admin and questioning them will forever banish you. This board isn't perfect, but when you visit other sites, you realize there's no need to put up with the crap from the other ones.

Just about all other Vol forums essentially force you to follow the beliefs of admin and questioning them will forever banish you. This board isn't perfect, but when you visit other sites, you realize there's no need to put up with the crap from the other ones.

You'll still bow to me on this weeks golf picks!

* ok, we both know that's not true, but has it stopped me from running my mouth yet?😁

Golf courses make good "outs" for errant parachutists too far from the drop zone to make the designated landing area.

I had a guy on YouTube comments threatening to hunt me down and kill me and my family. He was like a skin head, and I was pretending to be black. I had him hot.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WgpMq6e3o[/youtube]

VN Store

Back