Wine Advice

VolnJC

Now that you can buy wine in grocery stores in Tennessee, I think I'm going to start buying some for the health benefits. It tends to make me flush so I'm not sure if different wines are less prone to cause that to happen. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Now that you can buy wine in grocery stores in Tennessee, I think I'm going to start buying some for the health benefits. It tends to make me flush so I'm not sure of different wines are less prone to cause that to happen. Any suggestions?

Red wine is better for the heart.
EDIT: than white wine.

Reactions: 1 person
White wine makes hangovers feel less like Clubber Lang killing you to death.

Red used to make me flush and give me headaches after too much. White not so much. Now I'm fine with both

Really cheap wine can bother me. I've been told the sulfite in the wine can cause reactions in some people. I think some wines may be lower in sulfites may be available. My favorite wine right now for an everyday wine in Gnarly Head old vine zin. Not too sweet and not too dry, for me anyway.

Malbec and Pinot Noir are said to be the reds highest in the healthy stuff (bioflavonoids, phenols, whatever).

My go-to is Frontera Malbec in the 1.5 L bottle. Not too pricey, but quite drinkable, I think.

Last edited:
Malbec and Pinot Noir are said to be the reds highest in the healthy stuff (bioflavonoids, phenols, whatever).

My go-to is Frontera Malbec in the 1.5 L bottle. Not too pricey, but quite drinkable, I think.

I'm a fan of the pinot and malbac too. I'll give that one a try. I love a good chianti with a meal too.

Catena Malbec is very good also.

I'll try to be somewhat funny and say people in the football forum probably can help you with whine advice

Sadly I don't have too much to offer to the thread, though I do live near wine country here in CA. But I'm under 25 and not super into wine at this point

Any fortified wine is tasty sure to impress company, they go perfectly with a fine meal, an evening on the deck, or a night in a dumpster.

Here's a helpful reference

BumWine.com

Don't buy wine in freaking grocery stores. the overwhelming majority of our liquor stores are locally owned. Krogers and Costco are not.

Buy wine at the grocery and you are hurting your local economy.

Don't buy wine in freaking grocery stores. the overwhelming majority of our liquor stores are locally owned. Krogers and Costco are not.

I actually had to..none of the stores have gotten their wine licenses yet..Walmart said they are backed up right now approving them..we now have 3 liquor stores, after years of being a dry county..ended up getting a pinot, along with some Jack and some of the stuff they are calling moonshine now

Jeez. The economy will be fine wherever someone purchases The wine.

Try Meiomi Pinot Noir. Wine snobs will say it's not a "real" pinot noir, but we really enjoy it. Price is extremely variable, but if you can catch it at $12-14, it's a steal.

You might like some of the less expensive red American bordeaux-style blends. Cline Ancient Vines Zin or Cashmere and Ravenswood are other good affordable reds.

As for whites: intro recommendations -- Conundrum White blend, Kimmel Four Blocks Chard, Butternut or Creme de lys for a sweeter/smoother chard.

VN Store

Back