New element for periodic table to be named after Tennessee

I thought this wad gonna be a thread started by one of our gator fans.

I'm relieved!

They also just found Alabamasine.

TURD2.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Currently the Element is named Ununseptium, a superheavy artificial chemical element with an atomic number of 117 and a temporary symbol of Uus. Also known as eka-astatine or element 117.It will soon be called Tennessine with the symbol Ts, for the element with Z = 117,

"Tennessine is named after the state of Tennessee, known for its pioneering research in chemistry. "Tennessine is in recognition of the contribution of the Tennessee region, including Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, to superheavy element research," says the IUPAC"

The 4 newest elements on the periodic table have just been named - ScienceAlert

(I know it's not Football related but, it quite interesting to say the least)

Haha, we talked about this at dinner last night, my wife and I with our (Vandy student) daughters, one of whom is a pre-med Chemistry major. :)

The guy who officially discovered and named it is a Vandy physics professor. I was teasing the girls about it, because I'm pretty sure he's a Vols fan, working at the black & gold factory in West Nashville. :) hehe

(Face Paml) smh.......honered^^^^^

hon·eyed
ˈhənēd/
adjective
adjective: honeyed; adjective: honied

(of food) containing or coated with honey.
having a rich sweetness of taste or smell.
"as the wine matures, it becomes more honeyed"
synonyms: sweet, sugary, pleasant, flattering, adulatory; More
dulcet, soothing, soft, mellow, mellifluous;
saccharine, syrupy, unctuous
"honeyed words"
antonyms: harsh
having a golden or warm yellow color.
(of a person's words or tone of voice) soothing, soft, and intended to please or flatter.
"he wooed her with honeyed words"

Element 117 is Tennessine...Team 117 was in 2013, Butch's first year. SOON.

Alabama has an element named after them too: silicon. The original scientists just thought you pronounce it "silly con" when it was first spelled.

VN Store

Back