Blue Angels and Thunderbirds crash in separate incidents

Really sad stuff, especially at Smyrna.

Last edited:
What are the odds of two crashes on the same day?

I'm assuming the one casualty in the Tennessee incident was likely the pilot? Very sad.

Thanks for posting, bill. It always fires me up when I see you starting a thread. :)

I'm assuming the one casualty in the Tennessee incident was likely the pilot? Very sad.

Thanks for posting, bill. It always fires me up when I see you starting a thread. :)

You really should get out more. :)

I'm watching local coverage of the Blue Angels crash. I didn't know until now that the T-Birds also had one. What are the odds?

Not only that but each are the respective branch show planes. Now I hear some soldiers were killed in flooding on Ft Hood. Sheesh.

I know these guys are top notch pilots and cool to watch, but I cringe whenever they fly over a sports event because this very thing

Reactions: 1 person
Local report is that the pilot could have ejected and let the jet go where ever it would fly off to (lots of homes and businesses in the area) but he brought the plane down in a field.

That's absolutely horrible. May God be with his family.

Luckily the Thunderbirds plane pilot ejected and the plane went down without even catching fire, in fact it remained intact for the most part.

The Thunderbird plane was doing a fly by for graduation over the Air Force Academy when it crashed.

RIP Blue Angel driver. We lost a Blue Angel and a T-Bird today. T-Bird driver ejected safely.

From the look of the Thunderbird acft, the pilot ejected while skidding along the ground. It was probably SOP, but it appears he could of unbuckled his harness and walked away.

Local report is that the pilot could have ejected and let the jet go where ever it would fly off to (lots of homes and businesses in the area) but he brought the plane down in a field.

"no greater love has one than this...to lay down one's life for one's friends" HERO!

Reactions: 1 person
Read this morning that this weekend was that pilot's last planned show. They flew back home this afternoon.

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread but apparently (ironically) both jets were the #6 in each unit.

https://www.gofundme.com/jeffkuss

Raised $275k in 4 days.

From Christina Kuss:
'I am absolutely beside myself and humbled at the amount of love and support I have received over the last 4 days. This morning I feel a shred of peace and though I know it wont stay, I attribute it to the amazing things all of you are doing for myself, my children and to honor Jeffery. I feel you all deeply and want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

VN Store

Back