Memorial Day Weekend

BearCat204

Shitters Full
Remember why we take notice of this weekend while you are firing up the grills and opening up the pools. It's not about America, it's not about Veterans, it's about remembering brave men and women who paid the price for freedom. Take some time to think about the ultimate sacrifice some made in order to keep our freedoms. No matter what side of the political isle you sit on, we can all come together and pay respect to those who didn't care about political or social agendas, they only cared about the men and women beside them and their countrymen at home. Be safe and always remember.

"The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children."

-William Harvard

Reactions: 7 people
I was just coming to start this thread, BearCat. Well said.

Also, let's hear what you guys have planned.

Me? Nothing. I'm hoping to live vicariously through you guys based on the cool stuff you all post in this thread. :)

Reactions: 1 person
RIP to all the heroes who gave their life, and thank God for each one who has defended our freedom.

Reactions: 2 people
I was just coming to start this thread, BearCat. Well said.

Also, let's hear what you guys have planned.

Me? Nothing. I'm hoping to live vicariously through you guys based on the cool stuff you all post in this thread. :)
I'm going to fish and be alone thank goodness. VFW ceremony on Monday morning is my only commitment and that's about all I'm not playing by ear.

Nothing much - just putting a US, USMC and NY Yankees flag and some plants around my dads grave - he was a proud Marine

Reactions: 3 people
Making my 10th trip to the Indy 500. They always do a lot of stuff to remember those brave men and women before the race starts.

I live in Myrtle Beach, so I won't be leaving the house. Anyone unaware of what happens this weekend in Myrtle Beach, well, YouTube search "Vice Black Bike Week" and watch the documentary.

When I was in Qatar, we lost a pilot and his F15E over Iraq. When the other planes returned to base, they performed the "missing man" formation. It was the first and last REAL one I've seen.

Bout ripped my heart out as I stood their and watched that F15E shoot straight up.

Here are some F16s performing the maneuver...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_FqJcFRas[/youtube]

When I was in Qatar, we lost a pilot and his F15E over Iraq. When the other planes returned to base, they performed the "missing man" formation. It was the first and last REAL one I've seen.

Bout ripped my heart out as I stood their and watched that F15E shoot straight up.

Here are some F16s performing the maneuver...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_FqJcFRas[/youtube]

Literally got chills from the thought of it.

Going to the lake today if the weather allows it. Tomorrow is racing all day. Monoco, Indy and Charlotte. It's the racing version of New Year's Day. Don't have any plans for Monday yet. Maybe back to the lake.

Why we do this........

Because some people do not believe in having a good time. Any service member that has perished during operations would NOT want people to mope around on Memorial Day, they would rather have them BBQ, Fishing, Beach, Pool, Lake almost anything than sitting around and feeling sorry for the fallen. They would want you to have a good time in remembrance of them.

I live in Myrtle Beach, so I won't be leaving the house. Anyone unaware of what happens this weekend in Myrtle Beach, well, YouTube search "Vice Black Bike Week" and watch the documentary.

You might want to move to higher ground.

Because some people do not believe in having a good time. Any service member that has perished during operations would NOT want people to mope around on Memorial Day, they would rather have them BBQ, Fishing, Beach, Pool, Lake almost anything than sitting around and feeling sorry for the fallen. They would want you to have a good time in remembrance of them.

I will read names at the memorial Monday morning and think of those I knew who were lost in battle.

Monday afternoon cooking out with friends enjoying the freedoms so intensely fought for.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived". George S. Patton
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I would say I will think about my friends who died but that is never reserved for one day of the year. I think about them a lot. I will enjoy a nice day out in the pool and grilling some food, enjoying the freedoms I have thanks to everyone who served, present, past, and future, and those who gave all.

Reactions: 3 people
This makes absolutely no sense in response to what Memorial Day means.

As a tourist town - Im surprised they would allow something like this to go on there

VN Store

Back