Boykin Spaniel pup

Obsessed

Lab Rat
I'm looking for a puppy for a friend. Didn't know if any of you guys may be able to point me in the right direction.
He would like one 3 months or younger, doesn't care if male or female, papered or not. Just wants a full blooded dog.

Thanks guys!

I'm looking for a puppy for a friend. Didn't know if any of you guys may be able to point me in the right direction.
He would like one 3 months or younger, doesn't care if male or female, papered or not. Just wants a full blooded dog.

Thanks guys!

Hunting?

there's a freaking holocaust in the canine world, and they want a full blooded dog.

Punch them in the throat for me.

Reactions: 7 people
there's a freaking holocaust in the canine world, and they want a full blooded dog.

Cosigned. I've got a mutt that can get on birds as good as any purebred, and she cost $25 to adopt. Never understood the reasoning, from a health perspective especially, folks lining up to buy inbreds.

Reactions: 3 people

Thanks guys!

My wife's cousin has 9 of them right now. Their girl just had pups. You find one yet or still lookin? We're in SC, btw..

My friend got one a few months ago from Grady Baker in Arkansas. This is his second one as his first just passed away at 16 years old I think. I don't have any other info but maybe he's on a breeder's site. Good luck

We tried to adopt and were turned down because we were going to keep the dog outside. We explainedthat we lived in a very rural area and our property consisted of 50 acres of mostly wooded ridge. Our house cannot be seen from the road and our driveway is 1400' from the rural country road we live off of. They informed us it was cruel to make a dog live outside in the elements. I asked what they did years ago before dogs where lived on their own out in the wilderness. They never really responded just said we weren't getting a dog. We went to all the surrounding counties animal shelters as well as Humane Society and none would allow us to have a dog. We went the Craigslist route and "Rescued" one that way. In the mean time they're baking the shelter dogs.

Baking them and feeding them corn based dog food cause its the cheapest. Makes on feel sorry for the miserable mutts.

Best dog I had was a Harrier. Cross between an English Foxhound and a Beagle. Next best was a Yellow Lab/Beagle/Golden/? pound puppy. The Harrier would watch a whole football game in your lap, howl when you did at the refs, growl at you for getting up at halftime and make space when you got back. The pound puppy might let you pet her a full 20 seconds. But only if she deemed you worthy.

If they are dead set on a Boykin, I'm of little help. I will offer though that if I were living in OK and wanted a quality bred bird dog, I'd go straight to Ronnie Smith Kennels. Ronnie is the nephew of Hall of Fame field trial champion and trainer Delmar Smith. He and his cousin Rick Smith are top trainers, breeders and guides in the bird dog world.

Last I heard he had Brittanys, Springers, Shorthairs and english pointers. I would call him anyway. He may know a respectable Boykin breeder through his network of certified trainers.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people always throw so much crap at those looking for a specific type of dog instead of expressing their displeasure with the real problems...the people who take and discard pets as if they're just accessories. There are so many dogs in pounds right now because there are so many people not understanding the magnitude of their decisions

Reactions: 1 person
Ok so I'm just curious...what SHOULD one of these cost? I've never bought one so I don't really know. I know the # they're looking for and to me, it seems high, but I'm used to buying Beagles and Chihuahuas lol. So, what's the going rate on a Boykin?

Ok so I'm just curious...what SHOULD one of these cost? I've never bought one so I don't really know. I know the # they're looking for and to me, it seems high, but I'm used to buying Beagles and Chihuahuas lol. So, what's the going rate on a Boykin?

See post 5 link you can get an idea - looks like anywhere from 600 - 1200

Varies if they are papered or not. Quality of the paper on the dog.

How much?
(I'm sitting down) :)

Ok cool. They want $1000 and I thought they were drunk. I wasn't about to let a Vol brotheren get ripped off.

VN Store

Back