Breaking News: Knoxville Human Trafficking?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
WTF is a children's pastor?

After a three day investigation, agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and detectives with the Knoxville Police Department arrested 32 men and women on prostitution and human trafficking-related charges.

TBI said two of the men arrested, including Grace Baptist children’s pastor, Jason Kennedy, responded to ads for what they thought were girls under the age of 18. Investigators say those arrested come from every sector. Grace Baptist’s website lists Kennedy as a pastor for birth through fifth grade.

32 arrested, including children’s minister, in Knoxville human trafficking investigation | WATE 6 On Your Side

This stuff is pathetic. These people are hidden among everyday normal folks. Schools, churches, etc. just makes me sick.

It's BS when it's some dude just trying to get his rocks off with an adult. Leave that guy alone. This stuff isn't on the streets. It's on the internet and behind closed doors.

But the minors....that's a different story.

Reactions: 6 people
It's BS when it's some dude just trying to get his rocks off with an adult. Leave that guy alone. This stuff isn't on the streets. It's on the internet and behind closed doors.

I'm in complete agreement

You have to wonder if he's abused any children at that church. Very sad.

You have to wonder if he's abused any children at that church. Very sad.

As a Christian these stories kill me. People take stuff like this usually and run us all in the ground. Even more that the guy would use that position to do something like this. They need to pay.

No argument from me.

As a Christian these stories kill me. People take stuff like this usually and run us all in the ground. Even more that the guy would use that position to do something like this. They need to pay.

Being Catholic over the last decade and a half has been difficult on many levels

Disgusting, and those caught deserve punishment if convicted, but I'm not crazy about the wording of the story.

This used to be called prostitution ring busts. Sure, the crimes are horrific but when I first heard, I assumed the children's pastor was kidnapping and selling kids.

This used to be called prostitution ring busts. Sure, the crimes are horrific but when I first heard, I assumed the children's pastor was kidnapping and selling kids.

He was requesting to have sex with minors, so it's not just prostitution.

The church he worked at is just a couple minutes from my house, and where my mom attends every week. Apparently he was married and has three kids that are all school age. I feel terrible for the family.

Am I understanding this right:
Police place an ad about hooking up with underage girls. People then responded.

I understand the crime, but not the "human trafficking". Unless the ad was real.

I understand the crime, but not the "human trafficking". Unless the ad was real.

I see what you're saying. When I think of human trafficking I think of someone being taken/used without consent and for gain for another party.
Voluntary prostitution doesn't fit that definition for me. If there's a John that's different I guess.

And even as sickening as sex with a child is I guess I think of child trafficking as literally transferring possession of the child from one person to another.

I see what you're saying. When I think of human trafficking I think of someone being taken/used without consent and for gain for another party.
Voluntary prostitution doesn't fit that definition for me. If there's a John that's different I guess.

And even as sickening as sex with a child is I guess I think of child trafficking as literally transferring possession of the child from one person to another.

I agree. I'm not trying to defend this, but it doesn't sound like human trafficking. It sounds wrong and illegal, but who was trafficked? It seems like there were no actual children involved, just police pretending to be kids. But I could be misunderstanding.

They're using the human trafficking title for two reasons
1. Click bait
2. During the world's fair human trafficking was a real problem in Knoxville

it's probably "attempted" human trafficking

VN Store

Back