WTF Amazon

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I've been an Amazon Prime customer for probably 10+ years and recently they have been really crappy about their delivery promises, so I take the time to complain about it. They usually give me an extra month of prime service, but today when an expected order was to be delivered a day late, they refunded the order value and told me to keep the order.

It was a broken English reply.

Amazon Your Account Amazon.com

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

I'm sorry to know that you haven't received the order. That's we definitely not want our customer to experience. I will certainly help you with this.

Being a Prime Member, you are very much eligible to receive high level of service from us and I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in this case.We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole and We regret the inconvenience that may have caused to you.​ Rest assured, we'll do all that we can to keep this from happening again. I'm truly sorry for all the inconvenience we have caused you.

As,I have checked the tracking of the order and see that the package has been dispatched from our fulfillment center timely but seems to be delayed by the carrier. And I have personally contacted the carrier to deliver your package as soon as possible to you.

On this occasion the delayed package does show up there's no need to return the item for us to issue a refund. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I can understand how it feels when you order something and doesn't received it as per your aspect.

There is no need to worry for the money at all. Your money is always safe with Amazon.

To make things right for you, I've requested the full refund of $84.73 that you paid for the order. You'll see the refund on your Credit card statement in the next 3-5 business days.

This just blows me away. They just refunded me $85 for an extra day delivery.

Message probably came from the vendor/seller and not Amazon.

Nope, this was an Amazon supplied order.

I guess it's possible but items can still be sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon. I've seen the same type of language from posts on the seller message boards. The full refund and keeping the product is a common thing with outside sellers

I've been an Amazon Prime customer for probably 10+ years and recently they have been really crappy about their delivery promises, so I take the time to complain about it. They usually give me an extra month of prime service, but today when an expected order was to be delivered a day late, they refunded the order value and told me to keep the order.

It was a broken English reply.

Amazon Your Account Amazon.com

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

I'm sorry to know that you haven't received the order. That's we definitely not want our customer to experience. I will certainly help you with this.

Being a Prime Member, you are very much eligible to receive high level of service from us and I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations in this case.We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole and We regret the inconvenience that may have caused to you.​ Rest assured, we'll do all that we can to keep this from happening again. I'm truly sorry for all the inconvenience we have caused you.

As,I have checked the tracking of the order and see that the package has been dispatched from our fulfillment center timely but seems to be delayed by the carrier. And I have personally contacted the carrier to deliver your package as soon as possible to you.

On this occasion the delayed package does show up there's no need to return the item for us to issue a refund. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I can understand how it feels when you order something and doesn't received it as per your aspect.

There is no need to worry for the money at all. Your money is always safe with Amazon.

To make things right for you, I've requested the full refund of $84.73 that you paid for the order. You'll see the refund on your Credit card statement in the next 3-5 business days.

This just blows me away. They just refunded me $85 for an extra day delivery.

I've had the same experience buying from Amazon. They do make things right and go over the top to do it.

I read the OP in Mahatma Gandhi voice. The assistant identified themselves as Peggy. Odd.

I've had this happen several times, or they just shipped a second one and told me to keep both.

Did anyone else read that in an Indian Microsoft help desk, tech support voice, our was it just me?

Definitely NOT the only one.

Not Amazon but my wife had purchased a bed spread from Wayfair last year. We waited and waited and it never showed so she went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a similar one. She called Wayfair to cancel the order and they refunded the money. About 2 days later the the package arrived. My wife tcalled them again to ask how she should return it since we had already been refunded. They were so perplexed and didn't know what to do. They told her they would call back with return instructions. After a few months went by we finally decided they didn't want it back. It's currently on our bed.

Amazon strongarms the **** out of their vendors. I was sold a DVD with a bogus jacket and when I complained they gave me a full refund and told me to keep it.

Amazon strongarms the **** out of their vendors. I was sold a DVD with a bogus jacket and when I complained they gave me a full refund and told me to keep it.

It's tough to deal with them but many vendors don't pay attention to the details either. Amazon is also easy to scam and it's rampant

My package just arrived, one day past the original delivery date. I just went back and looked at the order and one item was an Amazon vendor, but fulfilled by Amazon and the other was from Amazon.

Pretty sweet deal getting a refund for an extra day of wait time.

I'm still baffled by the broken English reply, I've never seen that before from Amazon. Maybe they're branching out to India for their customer support. If this is the result I hope so, unless it bankrupts them.

It's tough to deal with them but many vendors don't pay attention to the details either. Amazon is also easy to scam and it's rampant

My only frustration I've had is I ordered something to send to Costa Rica and I successfully placed the order and it took them like 4 days to tell me they wouldn't deliver to CR.

They're happy to eat the $100 in return for the future business, it makes sense in the long term as they have the volume to do so.

This is a first world problem. I mean other than just a grammar complaint, which is what this is, everyone seems to get compensated appropriately. :)

I guess it's possible but items can still be sold by a 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon. I've seen the same type of language from posts on the seller message boards. The full refund and keeping the product is a common thing with outside sellers

I got even better -- the item was damaged by the USPS morons and Amazon gave a full refund and the seller sent replacement at no cost ( they also sent postage to me to return the damaged item) USPS sucks though because it shouldnt happen to Priority mail

VN Store

Back