The weird, strange, and unusual thread

shoney

Dark Lord of The Hills
This weekend I got a phone call from myself:eek:hmy:. I'm setting at home by myself the phone rings, the caller ID on the Direct T.V. and the phone showed my name and number. I answer the phone, nothing but a dial tone, if I would have heard my own voice:thud:. There's probably some technical glitch that caused this to happen, but it was weird. I thought it would be cool to start a thread about stuff like this. Almost everyone has seen or came across something strange. One day I thought I saw my wife walk across our deck, the trouble was she sitting next to me on the couch.:question:

Sounds like your home sits at a rift in the space time continuum.

I seem to think about people and then have them call me an inordinate amount. I'm sure it happens to everybody, but it's never not weird when it happens.

Saw the thread title and thought freak was trying to run us out of the insomniacs thread

Reactions: 1 person
Working late about 11:00 pm to meet a deadline and the light bulb over my desk popped out. No spares, so I left. Getting into my car and a street light by me fizzed out. Driving out and a traffic light went from regular operation to flashing amber. As I'm driving up the on ramp onto I-40 a car is coming down the off ramp towards me and it's headlights go off. Mine were on. I was thinking a power surge in the grid until the cars lights went out. Now I know The Force is chasing me...The Darkside.

(Que Twilight Zone Theme)

One day I thought I saw my wife walk across our deck, the trouble was she sitting next to me on the couch.:question:

Wow, if there were two of my wife... that's both terrifying and really, really exciting.

Working late about 11:00 pm to meet a deadline and the light bulb over my desk popped out. No spares, so I left. Getting into my car and a street light by me fizzed out. Driving out and a traffic light went from regular operation to flashing amber. As I'm driving up the on ramp onto I-40 a car is coming down the off ramp towards me and it's headlights go off. Mine were on. I was thinking a power surge in the grid until the cars lights went out. Now I know The Force is chasing me...The Darkside.

(Que Twilight Zone Theme)

Man that's strange.:ermm: I like to hear hunters talk about things they came across in the woods, and I don't mean Bigfoot, we already have a thread for that.

Man that's strange.:ermm: I like to hear hunters talk about things they came across in the woods, and I don't mean Bigfoot, we already have a thread for that.

Not strange or unusual but two things that scared the hell out of me while hunting was a large dead tree falling behind me while I'm sitting in a tree stand. Amazing how much noise a falling tree makes in the quiet woods. Sounded like a T-Rex was coming. That also begs the question, if I weren't there to hear it would it have made a sound, lol. The second was getting lost in a South Georgia swamp the first time I hunted there. Very creepy feeling being lost in a swamp.

When I started my job (teacher) I came in one day before classes had started back up to get my room ready for the start of the year. I had 3 windows in the class and all had the big shades that pull down from the top to the floor. Been in the room about 5 minutes and all of a sudden each shade flew up one after another. I don't think the room is haunted or anything they were just really old and have been replaced, but still it freaked me out when it happened.

One time I received a phone call from 999-999-9999 the man on the other side said some gibberish before saying sorry and hanging up.

This weekend I got a phone call from myself:eek:hmy:. I'm setting at home by myself the phone rings, the caller ID on the Direct T.V. and the phone showed my name and number. I answer the phone, nothing but a dial tone, if I would have heard my own voice:thud:. There's probably some technical glitch that caused this to happen, but it was weird. I thought it would be cool to start a thread about stuff like this. Almost everyone has seen or came across something strange. One day I thought I saw my wife walk across our deck, the trouble was she sitting next to me on the couch.:question:

It's a scam call. My parents have received it twice, and my MIL once. It is weird when it happens, though.

I used to work at a museum and I was looking for something in the military section. I had my back turned to some helmets, some un-used others huge bullets holes, and when I was done I tried to turn around but it felt like I was being pushed so I couldn't. But the time I did turn around I had a cold sweat and was extremely light headed.

I used to work at a museum and I was looking for something in the military section. I had my back turned to some helmets, some un-used others huge bullets holes, and when I was done I tried to turn around but it felt like I was being pushed so I couldn't. But the time I did turn around I had a cold sweat and was extremely light headed.

Obviously you were abducted by aliens.

I had to make a note of some measurements the other day and didn't have a pen, so I texted myself. didn't know u could do this.

Well if you carry helmets with bullet holes your just asking to get haunted. I'll bet that place was creepy as he** during the night.:eek:

I was home alone one night while my wife and kids were spending the night with her sister I think. I was watching The Conjouring with all the lights off. My dog jumped out of the chair and looked down the hall and started growling, then tucked her tail and started whimpering. I don't get scared of booger stuff like that, but that one weirded me out a bit.

VN Store

Back