HBO Now

volinbham

VN GURU
Anyone sign up? I dumped mine from cable and am doing the free trial. Same price or maybe a buck or 2 more but it has great access to the back catalogue.

Picture quality was great via my AppleTV. Haven't tried it on the iPad or computer yet.

Anyone sign up? I dumped mine from cable and am doing the free trial. Same price or maybe a buck or 2 more but it has great access to the back catalogue.

Picture quality was great via my AppleTV. Haven't tried it on the iPad or computer yet.

Is this different than HBO GO?
I don't have HBO, but I use my mom and dad's login info for that. I will be watching Silicon Valley when I get home from work.

I don't have HBO, but I use my mom and dad's login info for that. I will be watching Silicon Valley when I get home from work.

And you'll be laughing - SV continues to be a great show.

I think GO is for those who have an HBO subscription on their cable plan. NOW is for those who just want to buy HBO directly without paying the cable company.

I have it and like having newer movies to watch. Would replace Netflix for us if it wasn't for the kids shows

I think the biggest difference is being able to watch Live shows instead of waiting the 24hrs to upload to GO.

I think it's $14.99/mo

Yep. Would cost about that to add it to my DirecTV but I'm slowly moving towards cutting the cable.

The interface (at least on AppleTV) is easy to navigate and easier to get the archive stuff than through HBO On Demand version on DirecTV.

Plus, I can dump it when GoT is over more easily.

Thanks.

One of these days i'm actually going to follow through and cancel my cable. I've been seriously eyeballing Sony Vue lately. Seems like a good deal.

Signed up for the free trial month on Xbox to start GOT. Works great, and watched some good stand-up last night.

Thanks.

One of these days i'm actually going to follow through and cancel my cable. I've been seriously eyeballing Sony Vue lately. Seems like a good deal.

Wonder what the vue is like.. I'd give up cable also, but I can't live without football and the SEC network.

Dish Sling is $20/month with 20+ basic cable channels. Add $5 and get the sports pack that includes SEC network. Biggest downfall is that it is single access stream. They are currently beta testing multi stream. Once that goes live, BYE BYE cable and Sat TV.

https://www.sling.com/

Dish Sling is $20/month with 20+ basic cable channels. Add $5 and get the sports pack that includes SEC network. Biggest downfall is that it is single access stream. They are currently beta testing multi stream. Once that goes live, BYE BYE cable and Sat TV.

https://www.sling.com/

Yeah the current issue is the fact you can only stream one device at a time per account. If that changes, it's fantastic deal.

VN Store

Back