A good man has left us [Coalfield Herman] (merged)

kyvol98

Coalfield Herman passed away early this morning.

Sad day for the family, friends and community.

Reactions: 4 people
So sorry to hear ....always enjoyed listening to his love for Coalfield athletics as well as UT.....rest in peace....

Reactions: 2 people
I got a few words to say about this, it's almost like a prayer or talking out loud to God... Lord we have lost a real American spirit and we ask that you look over his kin in this difficult time. This man led an honest life and grew up in a different time than we know now. The streets were quieter, people were more polite, neighbors all knew one another, people passed their evenings relaxing by the fireside or listening to John Ward on the radio. You could see a movie for a quarter and a soda pop was a nickle. Things are different now, Lord, and while we do not always understand your ways, we know that you will guide us through whatever lies ahead of us. Amen

Reactions: 14 people
This is sad news. I always enjoyed his calls to the radio station. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Reactions: 1 person
I got a few words to say about this, it's almost like a prayer or talking out loud to God... Lord we have lost a real American spirit and we ask that you look over his kin in this difficult time. This man led an honest life and grew up in a different time than we know now. The streets were quieter, people were more polite, neighbors all knew one another, people passed their evenings relaxing by the fireside or listening to John Ward on the radio. You could see a movie for a quarter and a soda pop was a nickle. Things are different now, Lord, and while we do not always understand your ways, we know that you will guide us through whatever lies ahead of us. Amen

Hill Man, that's one of the most beautiful, gracious, and heart-felt tributes I have ever read. Thanks and God bless, my friend.

Reactions: 4 people
For those who listen to the local Knoxville sports talk, coalfield Herman a long time caller has passed away.
I had the honor of meeting him once at football game. He was a class act and super nice guy.

For those who listen to the local Knoxville sports talk, coalfield Herman a long time caller has passed away.
I had the honor of meeting him once at football game. He was a class act and super nice guy.

Some people are a trip. Herman was a journey. His passion for sports, both the Vols and his Yellowjackets, made him well known. Met him once when he was down here in Greenback. You just could not help liking him. A real gentleman. He will be fondly remembered by a whole lot of folks.

Some people are a trip. Herman was a journey. His passion for sports, both the Vols and his Yellowjackets, made him well known. Met him once when he was down here in Greenback. You just could not help liking him. A real gentleman. He will be fondly remembered by a whole lot of folks.
I played in the Coalfield, Unaka,Greenback, Oak Dale, Oneida, Powell Valley district about 15 years ago. Never once did we have any problems with opposing fans. They were always welcoming at away games and respectful at home games. Good people all the way around. Herman was one of these people who loved the kids no matter what colors they had on.
I played for Powell Valley and remember getting fed by Coalfield before the game. We left right after school and didn't have much time to eat. I still remember it 15 years later.

Thank you for this.

VN Store

Back