Yup, shes the one

limsol45

You know you are going to marry the right girl when she wants to spend part of your honeymoon seeing the vols finally beat the gators. This will be our third game together. Going to Mexico soon after!

We are going to Nashville to eat everything in site then drive to Knoxville. Any recommendations on where to eat or what to do in Nashville?

Reactions: 6 people
Puckett's Grocery downtown for dinner. If there is a Predators game in town at the same time, you should see that. If she agrees, go ahead and buy her gift for your 50th anniversary

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats! If both of you are fans of a great burger, check out the Pharmacy. If she's vegetarian, try the Wild Cow. Also, the Farmhouse in downtown Nashville is pretty good, but a little pricey.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats! If both of you are fans of a great burger, check out the Pharmacy. If she's vegetarian, try the Wild Cow. Also, the Farmhouse in downtown Nashville is pretty good, but a little pricey.

So Nashville has restaurants called Grocery - Pharmacy - and Farmhouse and a vegetarian place named Cow ? What else original ? JK I bet they are all good if you guys recommend them

Reactions: 3 people
All good recommendations for food. As far as entertainment you can't swing
a dead cat without hitting love music. You can check and see what's happening at Bridgestone, the Municipal Auditorium, or the Ryman while you're in town. Also Zanies comedy club is a fun spot

Puckett's Grocery downtown for dinner. If there is a Predators game in town at the same time, you should see that. If she agrees, go ahead and buy her gift for your 50th anniversary

If you go to Puckett's be prepared for a LONG wait to get seated. Many other choices. Anyhow, congratulations & best wishes. :hi:

Union Common...drinks 12 s
Southern Kitchen on 3rd, steak, oysters, pappy's Broadway
Kayne Prime, steak gulch
ru Sans, Chinese, sushi, lots of sake gulch
Go for a drink at The Patterson House...wow. Midtown
The Row southern American midtown
whiskey Kitchen southern American 12 s

Yep! Better hang on to her! When my GF sees me with my laptop open and on a Vols message board always says: "Are you on there arguing again?!?"

Couple of casual alternatives for you guys:

Rodizio is a Brazilian steakhouse with an unusual twist: waiters constantly coming by offering cuts of different rotisserie meats. Really nice if you're a meat-lover. 2nd Ave downtown.

Ru San's is a sushi place on 12th Ave. Not my thing, but my wife and her brother love it.

Grats on finding the right gal!

A few things OP....What is your age range and what are yalls interests?

I live in Nashville and would consider myself a "foodie" and being a native, I know the old local joints that aren't "touristy" and have also visited many of the newer trendier establishments.

How long will yall be in Nashville? Few days? Over a weekend?

Without disclosing your entire financial well being....what kind of going out budget do yall have? It would really help to know this because there are really tons of options for all income brackets and many for common man like myself who occassionally dabbles at the high end establishments....

Would really be glad to help with suggestions...and....CONGRATS!

Last edited:
You know you are going to marry the right girl when she wants to spend part of your honeymoon seeing the vols finally beat the gators. This will be our third game together. Going to Mexico soon after!

We are going to Nashville to eat everything in site then drive to Knoxville. Any recommendations on where to eat or what to do in Nashville?

Congratulations and good luck with the new marriage!

Rodizio is a Brazilian steakhouse with an unusual twist: waiters constantly coming by offering cuts of different rotisserie meats.

Pretty sure that's standard for a rodízio style restaurant (brasilian steakhouse)

Puckets is a lunch place, far better choices than a meat and three.

Not sure which Puckett's you visited. They serve breakfast and lunch, but they are not a meat and three for dinner. Must be a different vibe and menu at lunch. If you catch them on a night with live music, you will be pleased.

Urban Grub
Rosepepper's (house margaritas are the 💣)
Husk
The Farmhouse
Butchertown Hall

Just to name a few (in no particular order)

VN Store

Back