Angels have landed

hndog609

Just saw the Blue Angels come in at the airport followed not too long after by a pair of 16's.

Anybody else headed to the air show this weekend?

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome. I plan on going. The Blue Angels are amazing.

Anyone know if there are other parking options (aside from the 30+ minute walk lot for $40)?

Anyone know if there are other parking options (aside from the 30+ minute walk lot for $40)?

I don't think so. I think the other options are sold out. They are expecting around 200,000 visitors over 2 days.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7j185hotE[/youtube]

We drive over to Pensacola Beach and sit on the sand watching them practice all the time......enjoy the show!

You could always eat lunch at one of restaurants along the highway and enjoy the show afterward. I worked at the Wendy's in the mid 80's and it got crazy busy on airshow weekends. I'm parking in the green lot and plan on being there when the gate opens at 8:00.

Flew in the 2 seater once and Fat Albert (without the JATO), one of the biggest thrills of my life.

Love a C130. My Dad was in the ANG for years after his 6 years in the army at Ft. Campbell, and I loved watching them fly in. Just old and rough, but awesome.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm listening to the practice airshow right now. I seem to be close to their outer turnarounds. Those planes are loud!

I remember seeing them probably 20 years ago when my dad took me and my brother to the airshow in Chattanooga.

One of the cool things I remember they had was a C-5 that you could go through!

Does anyone that's there know if there are better private parking options (along Alcoa hwy, etc)?

Does anyone that's there know if there are better private parking options (along Alcoa hwy, etc)?

Didn't see any. Try Hunt road if you haven't found one yet. They only have one food stand for the entire crowd. This show was poorly planned, which is a shame,

Didn't see any. Try Hunt road if you haven't found one yet. They only have one food stand for the entire crowd. This show was poorly planned, which is a shame,

One food stand and no outside food or beverages, expecting 200k people? That's awesome.

They ended up having maybe 4 food stands. The lines were crazy for them. It took me 3 hours to get from my house in Knoxville to the show due to the traffic. There were some amazing planes, and the F16 stole the show. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't do it again. The area just can't handle the traffic, and the lack of food stands was pathetic.

They ended up having maybe 4 food stands. The lines were crazy for them. It took me 3 hours to get from my house in Knoxville to the show due to the traffic. There were some amazing planes, and the F16 stole the show. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't do it again. The area just can't handle the traffic, and the lack of food stands was pathetic.

It's not over until 4. How long did you stay?

Love a C130. My Dad was in the ANG for years after his 6 years in the army at Ft. Campbell, and I loved watching them fly in. Just old and rough, but awesome.

I've flown in a bunch of 'em, and only landed once, I managed to watch 'em fly away once I learned to keep my eyes open exiting the aircraft....

Airborne!

VN Store

Back