Any Global Entry Participants?

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I decided to sign up for the Governments "Global Entry" program to make it easier to get through customs and immigration when travelling outside the country. It also gives me TSA Precheck which in itself is worth it.

On the surface it sounds good and I was preliminarily approved in a couple of weeks, but holy hell, the earliest appointment I could get for an interview was the middle of September? 5 months???

The government means well, but if a private business was that screwed up or slow, they'd be fired.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no need for the global part but Tsa pre is worth every penny. I got to expense it but would have gladly paid

Reactions: 2 people
The government means well, but if a private business was that screwed up or slow, they'd be fired.

You could say that of quite a number of the government's responsibilities. Why not add healthcare to the list?

TSA Pre-Check is the way to go. They're saying they expected a lot of people to buy in but didn't. So, they cut their staffing prematurely and now it's a nightmare. Summer will be awful.

It doesn't have much affect at TYS, but I went through PHL two weeks ago and it was a breeze through security.

I decided to sign up for the Governments "Global Entry" program to make it easier to get through customs and immigration when travelling outside the country. It also gives me TSA Precheck which in itself is worth it.

On the surface it sounds good and I was preliminarily approved in a couple of weeks, but holy hell, the earliest appointment I could get for an interview was the middle of September? 5 months???

I read somehwere that if you are relatively close to the interview center you should call once a day to ask about cancelations. They can fit you in if you ask nicely supposedly.

I have no need for the global part but Tsa pre is worth every penny. I got to expense it but would have gladly paid

Totally agree. Best $80 I've spent in a long time. My average time from queue to completion is less than 5 minutes.

VN Store

Back