What's the Weirdest Thing You've Ever Seen, Heard, or Read?

volprof

Destroyer of Nihilists
You don't have to answer all three; just whatever strikes you. But, for me, I'll say:

Seen: I'll have to think some more on this one. Nothing good is currently coming to me, which probably means I've never seen anything too "weird."

Heard: Last summer, I was woken by some sort of animal or thing, yelling in the distance, maybe within a few hundred yards of the house. I've never heard anything like that. It was made all the more sinister by the fact that my wife and I live in a relatively remote location, so there's very little between us and horrifying mountain creature at 4 AM. Rational me, however, thinks that it was probably a wounded animal of known origin just making death sounds to which I'm not yet privy.

Read: Pretty much a tie, although I give a slight edge to Hopkinsville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly–Hopkinsville_encounter

I get goosebumps just reading that crap.

Anyhow, I'm interested to see what you all can bring to this question. Hoping for some extra-freaky stories and accounts.

Weirdest thing that jumps out to me that I've seen was when my dad got bit by a brown recluse. Started as like a tiny blister, then it busted and his finger swelled so bad it busted open. It turned black, and he had purple streaks like a marker running from his hand all the way up to his neck. It was odd.

Weirdest thing I heard, my wife apologized and said she was wrong. 😁

Reactions: 11 people
I saw a guy shoot up a half gram of meth, and then he went to his car to change because he **** his pants. And there was another guy carrying a tractor tire all over the place and his eyes looked like they were spinning around. Strange things happen at the dope man's place..

Weirdest thing Ive ever heard is generally just that phenomenon where songs sound different when you're half asleep half awake. I can't remember which song it was, but once, the song I was hearing was so much better than the actual song it blew my mind.

Almost everything I read is weird, so I dunno.

About five years ago, I had a dream where I was back working my first summer job in a restaurant. That morning, I got an email from Gary, a fellow summer employee, asking whether I was the same guy he had worked with that summer. We had not seen or corresponded with each other for over 40 years. Weird.

Seen: through and through self-inflicted gunshot wound to the temple

Heard: a diverted space shuttle dropped a sonic boom across Florida in the middle of the night coming in for a landing. It basically shut down the 911 system.

Read: I guess I'd go with "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."

Reactions: 1 person
Seen: through and through self-inflicted gunshot wound to the temple

Heard: a diverted space shuttle dropped a sonic boom across Florida in the middle of the night coming in for a landing. It basically shut down the 911 system.

Read: I guess I'd go with "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."

Is mouth to brainstem the preferred method?

You don't have to answer all three; just whatever strikes you. But, for me, I'll say:

Seen: I'll have to think some more on this one. Nothing good is currently coming to me, which probably means I've never seen anything too "weird."

Heard: Last summer, I was woken by some sort of animal or thing, yelling in the distance, maybe within a few hundred yards of the house. I've never heard anything like that. It was made all the more sinister by the fact that my wife and I live in a relatively remote location, so there's very little between us and horrifying mountain creature at 4 AM. Rational me, however, thinks that it was probably a wounded animal of known origin just making death sounds to which I'm not yet privy.

Read: Pretty much a tie, although I give a slight edge to Hopkinsville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly–Hopkinsville_encounter

I get goosebumps just reading that crap.

Anyhow, I'm interested to see what you all can bring to this question. Hoping for some extra-freaky stories and accounts.

fulfillmer would be interested in the sound you heard, and where it's at as a potential squatch search area

Is mouth to brainstem the preferred method?

True story: he survived but was one strange looking cat when the surgeons finished with him. Think: "ET." Nothing essential for life in the front part of your brain and face. I will never forget that picture though. Very sad that a person could get to that point of low.

fulfillmer would be interested in the sound you heard, and where it's at as a potential squatch search area

Thank you ar - yes I would.

Seen - probably a tie - between multiple pictures that i have taken with either a forest person in them / a forest person partially cloaked, an orb along with 2 fawns was also an interesting picture. A few faces that when pictures are enlarged should not have appeared in the woods but did. Those I would also classify as weird I guess. When I was in a habitat, I have seen a large shadow pass quickly in front of me - too quickly to track to be perfectly honest.

Heard -- this one is a little easier for me - I heard deep steady heavy breathing behind and above me for 4 or 5 minutes. Very, very heavy; the breathing was far heavier than a humans and sounded like I should be able to reach out and touch someone or something - but there was nothing visibly there. I also had a Fleer thermal that i pointed directly in that direction and nothing registered. From the sound of the breathing - they really should have only been 3 feet or so from me. There are a few others - but that is probably the most memorable ---- up to this point.

I do have friends in Northern California that have fairly constant sightings professor - I would not be too quick to classify your noise as normal. It certainly could have been a known animal but then again it struck you as unusual. If you are in a remote area in Northern California - they are within shouting range imho.

Last edited:
The strangest thing I've ever seen was a ball of light flying down the highway in the opposite direction. My dad was driving us home from church on a Wednesday night when I was 14 (mid-90's). It was around 9:30pm in the winter, so it was completely dark. We were on Harriman Highway almost to Oliver Springs when a white and slightly yellow ball of light around the size of a fist flew over a hill in front of us going the other way in the other lane while maintaining the same height over the road. It flew by really fast and was gone without making a sound.

I couldn't believe what I'd seen, so I waited for Dad to say something and he finally said, "Did you see that?". I said, "Yeah. What was that?" Neither of us had any idea and I still don't. Anything I can think of would've been visible in the headlights, or would've made a sound, or wouldn't have been that fast, or wouldn't have stayed the same height over the road while going over a hill. I'm not claiming it was aliens or something supernatural or anything like that, but I would give a lot to have a view of it from the right third person perspective to tell WTF it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thank you ar - yes I would.

Seen - probably a tie - between multiple pictures that i have taken with either a forest person in them / a forest person partially cloaked, an orb along with 2 fawns was also an interesting picture. A few faces that when pictures are enlarged should not have appeared in the woods but did. Those I would also classify as weird I guess. When I was in a habitat, I have seen a large shadow pass quickly in front of me - too quickly to track to be perfectly honest.

Heard -- this one is a little easier for me - I heard deep steady heavy breathing behind and above me for 4 or 5 minutes. Very, very heavy; the breathing was far heavier than a humans and sounded like I should be able to reach out and touch someone or something - but there was nothing visibly there. I also had a Fleer thermal that i pointed directly in that direction and nothing registered. From the sound of the breathing - they really should have only been 3 feet or so from me. There are a few others - but that is probably the most memorable ---- up to this point.

I do have friends in Northern California that have fairly constant sightings professor - I would not be too quick to classify your noise as normal. It certainly could have been a known animal but then again it struck you as unusual. If you are in a remote area in Northern California - they are within shouting range imho.

Please feel free to share said photos if you are able. And what is a "forest person"? You also say that you've been in a "habitat." What do you mean? Are you a dedicated Sasquatch/monster searcher?

I live on the edge of Sasquatch Country (Mendocino/Sonoma counties area), so I admit it's a possibility, although unlikely. The Patterson tape was filmed in Del Norte County, about 200 to 300 miles north. An interesting side note, when my wife and I traveled up the coastal highway (101) to Eureka, we passed through several Sasquatch attraction areas. Each town has its own unique Sasquatch statue and "memorabilia." My personal favorite is in Happy Camp, in the lower Klamath. That statue is boss!

The strangest thing I've ever seen was a ball of light flying down the highway in the opposite direction. My dad was driving us home from church on a Wednesday night when I was 14 (mid-90's). It was around 9:30pm in the winter, so it was completely dark. We were on Harriman Highway almost to Oliver Springs when a white and slightly yellow ball of light around the size of a fist flew over a hill in front of us going the other way in the other lane while maintaining the same height over the road. It flew by really fast and was gone without making a sound.

I couldn't believe what I'd seen, so I waited for Dad to say something and he finally said, "Did you see that?". I said, "Yeah. What was that?" Neither of us had any idea and I still don't. Anything I can think of would've been visible in the headlights, or would've made a sound, or wouldn't have been that fast, or wouldn't have stayed the same height over the road while going over a hill. I'm not claiming it was aliens or something supernatural or anything like that, but I would give a lot to have a view of it from the right third person perspective to tell WTF it was.

Lord, that's freaky! Your and your father's reaction remind me a bit of this time my wife (girlfriend at time) and I were sitting together in the living room at our old house in Knoxville. We were just watching TV, as usual, when a faint shadow (nothing dramatic) went across the living room walls adjacent to us. It was clearly not a power surge or something electrical related (lights didn't flicker), and it could not have been cast from a car outside, as the wall the shadow appeared briefly upon was against the road (meaning that any shadows or lights from the road would have appeared on the wall behind us.

Long story short, and more to my point, neither my wife nor I jumped or were startled, much like you and your father. We just sat there for a few seconds, until I finally asked her if she had seen the shadow move quickly across the room. Calmly, she said she had. We didn't think much of it and just continued about our business.

Your account is far more alarming though.

Lord, that's freaky! Your and your father's reaction remind me a bit of this time my wife (girlfriend at time) and I were sitting together in the living room at our old house in Knoxville. We were just watching TV, as usual, when a faint shadow (nothing dramatic) went across the living room walls adjacent to us. It was clearly not a power surge or something electrical related (lights didn't flicker), and it could not have been cast from a car outside, as the wall the shadow appeared briefly upon was against the road (meaning that any shadows or lights from the road would have appeared on the wall behind us.

Long story short, and more to my point, neither my wife nor I jumped or were startled, much like you and your father. We just sat there for a few seconds, until I finally asked her if she had seen the shadow move quickly across the room. Calmly, she said she had. We didn't think much of it and just continued about our business.

Your account is far more alarming though.

That's pretty weird! In some ways, it's worse because it was at home. Was it a one time occurrence? I'm sure you were just as glad as I was to have someone there to see it and give the same account as what you saw. In my case, the silence was what made it seem unreal. I think if it had made a noise, my dad and I would've both immediately said something about it.

Weirdest thing ever happened to me.

Middle of a clear Saturday afternoon and I was driving in a van on Northshore drive in west Knox county near Farragut, TN. My son and daughter, both elementary age were with me. Son was riding beside me in front with his window down. We were beside the slew behind Weigles at Northshore and Hart Road. There is a guardrail, then steep rock embankment down to the water, it had recently been cleaned out, and there was nowhere to hide.

About 3 feet out from the car, centered on his open window a fraction of a second whooshing then an explosion as loud as both barrels of a double barrel 12 ga. shotgun happened. I felt the pressure wave, the volume hurt my ears. I like to run in a ditch on the other side. There had been no frizzy light like a fuse burning, nor light like firecrackers make, and from I looked in the mirror there was no paper particle crud in the air like from say a cherry bomb or M-80 where some vandal yahoo had thrown one at a passing car. I drove into the subdivision entrance just the other side of the slew and looked but there was no one. Nothing. Scared the bejesus out of all three of us.

All I can guess is it really was an M-80 from a sling shot on the hill and the punk(s) were damn glad it blew when it did instead of blowing my son's face off.

Last edited:
Fishing around a fallen tree on Loudon early one summer morning. As I was working my way around the tree, a litter of fox pups ran out onto the tree barking furiously at me. I just sat back and enjoyed the show for a couple of minutes until mama fox called her babies back.

VN Store

Back