AliExpress - best/worst purchases?

VolMax

I order stuff from AliExpress pretty frequently. Some has been good, some has been total crap. Stuff is so cheap I sometimes order just for laughs.

My worst? A corn cutter. My wife doesn't eat corn off the cob. So for like $1.69 (including shipping), I got this thing that looks like a donut. It is supposed to slide down the cob and cut all the kernels off. Tried it a couple of times and tossed it.

My best? Hard to say...got some cool mini figures for my son (10 for $5), an awesome 3'x5' white flag with an orange Power T for $8, some head scratchers for $.79 each...all including shipping.

Anybody else tried it? Maybe even ordered practical stuff...light bulbs, A/V gear?

Is that the one that's like EBay but everything comes from China?

AliExpress is site/app for Alibaba's consumer site.

Alibaba is for companies wanting 10,000 pieces of something manufactured for them in China.

AliExpress is where consumers can buy one piece of something they made a lot of. If Alumni Hall orders 10,000 Tennessee flags, the Chinese manufacturer may make 12,000 and sell the other 2000 themselves...like the white Tennessee flag I got for $8.00 including shipping. I doubt the University nor the NCAA got any licensing money for it... for $8.00 I'm not going to worry about it.

Last edited:
It's China's Amazon. There are some outdoor gear items I've thought about buying, as they've gotten great reviews, but I haven't yet. How long is the shipping wait?

It's China's Amazon. There are some outdoor gear items I've thought about buying, as they've gotten great reviews, but I haven't yet. How long is the shipping wait?

I can't speak for Aliexpress as I've never used it but I've purchased things from Amazon that came from China and the shipping really varies. It can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to get things from China

Varies from 1-6 weeks...I've forgotten I ordered something and it shows up. Like finding an Easter egg when it does.

I am waiting for new TV device that I'm eager to get...some kind of jailbroken box that is supposed to let you cast Amazon and other restricted stuff to TV from IOS.

Well I guess for that price its worth the risk - I think I will go and order also -

I have ordered about 50 items from AliExpress and have seen very little risk. I have had one item not show up. It was a silly $.38 rubber scalp massager (I have short hair and was going to use it in the shower). I didn't realize it didn't show up until after the time limit had expired to dispute it. No great loss...

Yesterday, I got an Android TV box that is pretty cool ($42). Planning on watching BM vs SM tonight.

Omg my wife is addicted to this site. She's ordered twenty d### rings from there. Luckily there only dollar or two each

Reactions: 1 person
Omg my wife is addicted to this site. She's ordered twenty d### rings from there. Luckily there only dollar or two each
I'm guessing I don't want to know the letters behind the pound symbols. In fact, "pound" may not be the word I want to use either.

Reactions: 2 people
I got a notification that it shipped today. I'll report back with the quality

How far along is your order since it shipped - they say mine shipped on Monday and it still hasnt left China -- must be coming on a slow boat from China

Which one did you buy?

Men-27s-Chicago-White-Sox--2311-Luis-Aparicio-White-1976-Turn-Back-The-Clock-Jersey-6222-64226.jpg
But from a different seller than yours - maybe e packet shipping doesnt track well idk

Ok I put it on and it's nice quality, but the neck is wide and hangs really low

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back