Cord Cutters: Playstation Vue?

Guess not. Lol.

I see they don't have live network stations as of yet, only on demand, so that's a real downside at present.

Do you plan on having one by the time you're out at the bar watching the ncaat?

Reactions: 1 person
isn't that just changing cords ?

I can get by on the internet for free,I haven't missed a game since last September,I'm in the process of trying to get a 30 buck HD antenna up over the ridge and I will have it whooped

so I can get the local channels

if that will work :)

isn't that just changing cords ?

I can get by on the internet for free,I haven't missed a game since last September,I'm in the process of trying to get a 30 buck HD antenna up over the ridge and I will have it whooped

so I can get the local channels

if that will work :)

I tried cutting cable myself and did for some time. However when we moved, I am now behind a large mountain that blocks my antenna signal toward LA. I don't know what else I can do

Guess not. Lol.

I see they don't have live network stations as of yet, only on demand, so that's a real downside at present.

I was just looking into this yesterday. I was under the impression that it is live TV. PSVue is offering a free trial.

I was just looking into this yesterday. I was under the impression that it is live TV. PSVue is offering a free trial.

I think the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) are on demand only at this point. At least that's the way I read it. They are expecting to add those live channels at some point though.

I think the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) are on demand only at this point. At least that's the way I read it. They are expecting to add those live channels at some point though.

Not sweating those channels. I don't watch too many shows on those networks. Mainly would like to have ESPN, SEC network, Discovery and Travel channel live. I didn't notice if they offer the Golf Channel or not.

I also like the fact that you are able to record as well. I am so close to dropping ATT U-verse right now, so frustrated with their service. Nothing but problems.......
I think I'm going to do the trial period in a few days and see how it goes. If I do, I'll let ya know.

I tried cutting cable myself and did for some time. However when we moved, I am now behind a large mountain that blocks my antenna signal toward LA. I don't know what else I can do

take a look at this site and see if it is just a direction aiming problem and it will show if the mountain is in your way and how high you need to get over it

I think If I can shoot over a ridge,I will be able to pick up the local channels out of Knoxville

of course I'm not sure how high it will have to be,I'm going to try and go up 20 foot,when I do it

Personally, I have the Google Nexus sideloaded with Kodi. I can basically watch what I want, when I want. There are a few things unavailable, but 99 percent of what I want to watch is there. I'm going to couple this with Sling for my SEC Network fix, so at most I'll pay 25 bucks a month for TV.

I made a video explaining this hardware and can be found here:

https://youtu.be/q3fLbufujeU

I was looking at a ps4 yesterday at bestbuy. It showed over 100 channels including ESPN

I didn't see sec network listed.

take a look at this site and see if it is just a direction aiming problem and it will show if the mountain is in your way and how high you need to get over it

I think If I can shoot over a ridge,I will be able to pick up the local channels out of Knoxville

of course I'm not sure how high it will have to be,I'm going to try and go up 20 foot,when I do it
Thanks I didn't see a link?

I was looking at a ps4 yesterday at bestbuy. It showed over 100 channels including ESPN

I didn't see sec network listed.

Probably doesn't offer SECN, which is a huge minus. Although, aren't all those games on ESPN3?

Probably doesn't offer SECN, which is a huge minus. Although, aren't all those games on ESPN3?

Not sure. It did have U listed and two other ESPN channels.

I wonder if SECN would be added later this summer?

Maybe I should email them??

I'm pretty certain I saw a list that had the secn because I looked specifically for it. I'm really interested to see how this goes

Love VUE, but after cutting the cord I needed a way to watch local channels (BAB, CBS games, NFL, etc..) I tried a Mohu leaf, but could only pick up one channel where I live. This morning I installed a clearstream 2v from antennas direct and the thing works beautifully.

I took down the no longer in use dish on my roof, clamped the antenna to the pole the dish was mounted on, used the existing coax cable, and now I have locals in every room. The entire project took less than 30 minutes.

Love VUE, but after cutting the cord I needed a way to watch local channels (BAB, CBS games, NFL, etc..) I tried a Mohu leaf, but could only pick up one channel where I live. This morning I installed a clearstream 2v from antennas direct and the thing works beautifully.

I took down the no longer in use dish on my roof, clamped the antenna to the pole the dish was mounted on, used the existing coax cable, and now I have locals in every room. The entire project took less than 30 minutes.

Well done my friend. I've been meaning to order an attic antenna but I've been too lazy. I've got a leaf-like antenna in the bedroom so I watch locals in there.

Vue has been fine for us here, as well. Wife doesn't care we switched. Got two Fire TVs and a roku running Vue around the house and no big complaints here.

I've been using it now for several months and really enjoy it. I did try out directv now.....mainly for the free apple tv, but the Vue streams were much better IMO and I can stream to more than 2 devices at a time. We cancelled our Directv (satellite) and we have more of the channels that we actually want with the Vue service than we ever had with the dish and at a fraction of that cost. We are using AT&T Giga now for internet, but the service ran smoothly before using cable internet at 60up and 5down with about 5 devices running streams at the same time.

The only thing I didn't like about it was on the firesticks with out previous internet, the guide and UI seemed a bit slow, but its perfect now with the higher speed internet now.

I noticed my local cbs channel yesterday and now I hope they add more local channels

I noticed my local cbs channel yesterday and now I hope they add more local channels

It will be slow, but eventually all of the networks will go this way. The mere existence on Directv Now is further proof that everyone sees where all of this is going. Don't be surprised to see companies like Comcast and TWC releasing a streaming service like Vue in the near future.

I've had Vue for 6-7 months now, I think. Other than losing the Viacom channels, I like Vue. I don't watch a ton of tv myself. I use my parents login to access the Comedy Central and Spike apps. Saw CBS was added this week. Will be nice to see local news on occasion.

Haven't tried DTVNow yet. When I pull up the reddit page, 9/10 topics are discussing problems, outages, error codes, crappy vod, and other problems. I decided to sit that one out. Plus, I never watch actual live tv outside of sports.

I did signup for the Hulu beta. I'd love to see it. Word is they have cooked up something a bit different and DVR is up and running.

Kodi is also nice to have around.

WOW internet in Knoxville keeps on rocking. No problems with them or their service.

VN Store

Back