A BOOM with a side of tears

VolAllen

This morning, my little brother was accepted to THE University of Tennessee!!!! I just wanted to share with you guys. We live in South Carolina so this isn't quite like getting accepted to the local college. This is him getting accepted into the school that he's loved since his birth, in 1998 (is it a sign?). Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
Good for him. Wish I could go as a transfer student for my junior/senior year, but out of state costs suck and my 3.00 doesnt get 26k scholarships... so I'll end up in Clemson next year.

This morning, my little brother was accepted to THE University of Tennessee!!!! I just wanted to share with you guys. We live in South Carolina so this isn't quite like getting accepted to the local college. This is him getting accepted into the school that he's loved since his birth, in 1998 (is it a sign?). Go Vols!

Great news and congratulations! I still have my acceptance letter from 1988. It was what I always wanted as a native Tennessean stuck in Georgia. It was 4.5 (planned early to ensure one more football season) of the best of years of my life.

Christian: congratulations to you as well. The cost of attending UT out of state in 1988, while difficult, wasn't close to what it is now. Clemson is a great university with a real football culture that is extremely rare in ACC country.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for him. Wish I could go as a transfer student for my junior/senior year, but out of state costs suck and my 3.00 doesnt get 26k scholarships... so I'll end up in Clemson next year.

Ditto. I'm stuck at Western Illinois to finish my undergrad, but UT does have the grad program I want to enter, though.

I remember, in 2000 while living near Philadelphia, when the letter arrived for my daughter saying she had been accepted into the University of Tennessee. What a glorious day that was, especially because she was a 4th generation UTK Vol.

Congratulations to your little brother!

Reactions: 2 people
I remember, in 2000 while living near Philadelphia, when the letter arrived for my daughter saying she had been accepted into the University of Tennessee. What a glorious day that was, especially because she was a 4th generation UTK Vol.

Congratulations to your little brother!

It's a very special day. I took over the family business right out of high school and didn't get the opportunity to attend UT. My middle brother went to an instate branch of USC on a baseball scholarship, but was always a Vol fan as well. It's a great day for the Allen family.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 15 people
It's a very special day. I took over the family business right out of high school and didn't get the opportunity to attend UT. My middle brother went to an instate branch of USC on a baseball scholarship, but was always a Vol fan as well. It's a great day for the Allen family.

attachment.php

Congrats to your little brother!

As eldest you stepped up and did what was needed

Family. First, last, always!

Great news!!!

Thought it was gonna be about Peyton ending his career with a SB win haha

Clemson is expensive for anyone outside the state of South Carolina. Going to Clemson is not the end of the world.

Smart man. Clemson is a good school, and you can still be a UT fan while you're there.

And a big thank you from the American taxpayer for being responsible enough to minimize your financial burden . Some people go to Tennessee because they like the football team and then expect the government to take care of the student loans down the road. You're not alone, by the way. My decision not to attend Tennessee was strictly financial as well.

Congrats! My daughter was just accepted into UT law and she (and I!) are so excited. Even though she had been accepted to Michigan St, Marquette, Seton Hall etc... she was holding out hope for the Big Orange. Just means so much when the school you grew being a fan of becomes your alma mater as well. Congratulations again to your brother and family.

Congrats to your little bro, Allen, and grats Preds&Vols, and Special Ed, and good luck to you, Christian Lowe.

Go Vols!

Congratulations to you, your little brother, and your family. I had to pay my way through school and didn't want to rack up any debt so I couldn't afford to attend UT but I have always been a Big Orange fan. You and your other brother may not have attended UT but that doesn't make you any less of a VOL fan. GBO!!!!

Awesome! My younger brother will also attend The University of Tennessee this fall. And my other brother is a sophomore there right now

VN Store

Back