Galaxy S Whatever's Next

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
So do any of y'all have trusted sites where you can get clued in on some features that may be available on the next set of Samsung phones?

I'm in the market to upgrade my S5, but I am hesitant to go up to the S6 at the moment. I was full-speed-ahead until I learned that the S6 doesn't support the HDMI attachments. I just got a new stereo put into my car that can mirror my screen through the HDMI cable, so those in the car with me on long trips can watch Netflix, etc. Dunno if I wanna give up that feature less than a week after I got it.

Any hints being thrown out there about what Samsung might give back to the flagship phone that they took away last year?

I legitimately fear for the future of the Samsung Galaxy line of phones. They ditched the removable battery AND the SD slot in the S6 and that was literally the dumbest thing they could have ever done. There is no telling how they're going to further ruin the Galaxy phone line with the S7.

I legitimately fear for the future of the Samsung Galaxy line of phones. They ditched the removable battery AND the SD slot in the S6 and that was literally the dumbest thing they could have ever done. There is no telling how they're going to further ruin the Galaxy phone line with the S7.

One thing I saw while looking around is that they're bringing back the SD card. The Samsung guy in Best Buy explained Samsung's reasoning with the SD card's removal for the S6 being read speeds and the correlation to how much faster the phone can work if it's using the lightning fast internal instead of the molasses slow SD cards. If that was true and not just BS, then the phones may just be way better because of it.

The S7 and S7 Edge will officially be shown off on Feb 21st.

Current rumors suggest it'll be on sale March 11th.

One thing I saw while looking around is that they're bringing back the SD card. The Samsung guy in Best Buy explained Samsung's reasoning with the SD card's removal for the S6 being read speeds and the correlation to how much faster the phone can work if it's using the lightning fast internal instead of the molasses slow SD cards. If that was true and not just BS, then the phones may just be way better because of it.

I'd still like a removable battery.

So I downloaded and installed SwiftKey and was about to turn it on to try it when this popped up.

Screenshot_2016_02_10_03_02_30.png

Yeah, I think I'll pass on activating this keyboard.

So I downloaded and installed SwiftKey and was about to turn it on to try it when this popped up.

Screenshot_2016_02_10_03_02_30.png

Yeah, I think I'll pass on activating this keyboard.

Just about any keyboard you use that has predictive text will collect everything you type

I like SwiftKey but it's easy to trust it too much when zipping around only to look back and realize about 3 or 4 words are completely wrong. Or if randomly capitalizes words.

I do like it recognizes my email address after about 3 letters and suggest it. That makes life easier when logging in to things.

I use it on iphone FWIW. If there is something I'm concerned about it capturing like a CC# it's pretty easy to toggle over to the default keyboard. Generally in PW fields the default keyboard pops up anyway (if not the touch ID prompt). Not sure how easy it is to toggle between on any given Android device.

I like SwiftKey but it's easy to trust it too much when zipping around only to look back and realize about 3 or 4 words are completely wrong. Or if randomly capitalizes words.

I do like it recognizes my email address after about 3 letters and suggest it. That makes life easier when logging in to things.

I use it on iphone FWIW. If there is something I'm concerned about it capturing like a CC# it's pretty easy to toggle over to the default keyboard. Generally in PW fields the default keyboard pops up anyway (if not the touch ID prompt). Not sure how easy it is to toggle between on any given Android device.

The idea of switching the keyboard is probably good in theory but I'm sure it'd be easy to forget to switch it and just keep typing. Seems like the slightest distraction could cause you to forget.

I don't know if the info gathered by the app ever gets sent anywhere or if it's just stored in the keyboard's app for general function.

Last edited:

with PW fields it automatically switches to default android keyboard as well......at least from what I remember with my S5.

VN Store

Back