Upscale Dining in Nashville

B-Stizzy

#1 Senior Member
I've got a few of my bosses coming up with big clients for the NHL All-Star game in Nashville. They know I'm from TN so everyone keeps asking me about ideas (even though I try to explain I'm from East TN). So I need some help on what is the best upscale dining, best bars, or just the best food/experience possible.

Thanks guy's.

No problem. I'm certain the locals will also be able to chime in, but the few times I've eaten at the Palm I've been delighted.

The Palm. Fantastic meal.

Wow, strange -- I was going to suggest against the Palm. Ate there Saturday evening and was underwhelmed with my steak, especially at that price point. My friend/colleague in Nashville had warned that it wasn't his favorite place, but we wanted the convenience of location. My wife wasn't crazy about her dish either (sea bass) -- a little overcooked and the sauce was overpowering.

Our service was fantastic and the location is perfect.

Thanks for the info guy's. I did some looking and have a couple that seem like nice choices. Anyone been to City House or Fifty First Kitchen & Bar?

Wow, strange -- I was going to suggest against the Palm. Ate there Saturday evening and was underwhelmed with my steak, especially at that price point. My friend/colleague in Nashville had warned that it wasn't his favorite place, but we wanted the convenience of location. My wife wasn't crazy about her dish either (sea bass) -- a little overcooked and the sauce was overpowering.

Our service was fantastic and the location is perfect.

That stinks. I hate to hear the quality has gone down.

Watermark is a very safe bet. First class place with a very non-threatening menu. It is in the area you want to take them.

Reactions: 1 person
Last time I ate at the Palm was the SEC tournament. We were really disappointed, it has gone down hill the last couple of years. I second the vote for Jimmy Kellys

If you decide on Nashville flair rather than upscale, Edley's BBQ or Hattie B's for hot chicken are your best bets.

If you stay with the upscale theme, I would echo The Farm House and Kayne Prime.

VN Store

Back