clearwater beach

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
Anybody got any advice on where to stay that's on the beach? We usually go to panama, but want to try something different and know nothing about clearwater. We just want on the beach, and I'd trust most of you more than Google.

My first question would be why Clearwater?

We just want somewhere different. Destin is another option, but I like the pictures better of Clearwater.

There was a little Italian/pizza place that I went to on the bowl trip that was amazing. 10/10 would recommend. Tuttorosso Napoletana Pizzeria. Go there. Great food, killer garlic knots, the other bread is great too. The desserts were amazing. I had the seafood pasta special, my friends had lobster ravioli and lasagna. Every single part of the meal was better than the part before it. Check them out on yelp or tripadvisor or whatever. Everything on those will agree with the praise I'm giving.

There was a little Italian/pizza place that I went to on the bowl trip that was amazing. 10/10 would recommend. Tuttorosso Napoletana Pizzeria. Go there. Great food, killer garlic knots, the other bread is great too. The desserts were amazing. I had the seafood pasta special, my friends had lobster ravioli and lasagna. Every single part of the meal was better than the part before it. Check them out on yelp or tripadvisor or whatever. Everything on those will agree with the praise I'm giving.
Sounds good.

You gotta eat at Frenchy's while you're there.. Excellent seafood restaurant right on the beach

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the advice. Ill check these places out if that's where we go!

Treasure island for more partying bars, busier
I prefer laid back Indian Rocks Beach, small town vibe. Really cool fire department, I watched them practice swift water rescue in one of the canals.
Nice people.

Safety Harbor is an inner bay town, biker bars, resort and spa, really small town, my wife's aunt lives there, close to everywhere, no beach front but there is a fishing pier and boat rentals, we like to go watch the manatee.
Have fun!

Go checkout Fort desoto, we rented kayaks and went and kayaked with dolphins and saw sea turtles, there's also Madeira beach and St.Johns Pass with a few good restaurants

Anybody got any advice on where to stay that's on the beach? We usually go to panama, but want to try something different and know nothing about clearwater. We just want on the beach, and I'd trust most of you more than Google.

There are lots of rental places if you go to one of the condo rentals sites. Just be careful, because most of them are just old hotel rooms being passed off as condos. My wife and I went there after a speaking engagement I had in Orlando and we really enjoyed the beach, the bars, etc.. Have fun!

There are lots of rental places if you go to one of the condo rentals sites. Just be careful, because most of them are just old hotel rooms being passed off as condos. My wife and I went there after a speaking engagement I had in Orlando and we really enjoyed the beach, the bars, etc.. Have fun!

We found a few we liked. Still up in the air if we go there, but I love the pictures of the area.

Go to Navarre Beach. It's just west of Fort Walton and is waaaaaay less congested by traffic and has the same beautiful beaches. Family friendly.

Reactions: 1 person
We found a few we liked. Still up in the air if we go there, but I love the pictures of the area.

Joevol, somewhere we found because we wanted to take our dog with us was St George Island in the panhandle. It's an island 5 miles off the mainland. We rented a house that had its own pool. You can have your pet 24hours a day on the beach and all the establishments allow you to bring your pet with you.

Even if you don't have pets the Island was gorgeous and not crowded with hustle and bustle. Here is the island website..

St. George Island - St. George Island Visitor Center located on St. George Island, Florida

And here is the rental place we used. Didn't have to see them, drove straight to our house with the code to the door lock and walked straight in.

St. George Island Florida Beach Vacation Rentals from Resort Vacation Properties

Joevol, somewhere we found because we wanted to take our dog with us was St George Island in the panhandle. It's an island 5 miles off the mainland. We rented a house that had its own pool. You can have your pet 24hours a day on the beach and all the establishments allow you to bring your pet with you.

Even if you don't have pets the Island was gorgeous and not crowded with hustle and bustle. Here is the island website..

St. George Island - St. George Island Visitor Center located on St. George Island, Florida

And here is the rental place we used. Didn't have to see them, drove straight to our house with the code to the door lock and walked straight in.

St. George Island Florida Beach Vacation Rentals from Resort Vacation Properties
Thanks I'll check it out.

VN Store

Back