Knoxville Loses a True Hero

Saw this earlier. Sad. Kid was a true hero.

Yeah, I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

"There wasn't a motive to target Dobson." Ok... sure, if you say so.

I've always said, that the word HERO gets thrown around and used way to much in sports. This young man Zaevion Dobson gave his life to save others, IMO that's a true HERO! May GOD Bless this young man for sacrificing himself so others can live. My prayers go out for this incredibly brave young man and his family. What a HERO! RIP Zaevion Dobson #24.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

"There wasn't a motive to target Dobson." Ok... sure, if you say so.

It's quite possible he was minding his own business, but it is odd these guys came over from another side of town and started shooting randomly. It was clearly a retaliation of some kind.

It's quite possible he was minding his own business, but it is odd these guys came over from another side of town and started shooting randomly. It was clearly a retaliation of some kind.

If I understand correctly, there was a shooting on the other side of town where a guy's Mom got shot and he was intended target (gang related). Guy goes after the shooter and gets wrong person? It happens, in fact, happened in Vestal a while back. The police chief isn't going to rush in front of cameras saying this poor kid is an innocent victim and hero if there is reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If the facts turn out to be true and this young man truly was not involved any any way maybe UT as a Christmas present to the family could give a written offer to this young man for his family. Almost daily we continue to hear see and witness senseless acts of violence and no one even seems to care unless it fits into some political agenda. In just a short time we will not remember his name or care someone murderd this young man, there will be no parades or protest he will just be forgotten except for his family and those that were close to him which would include his football team.

Sorry for the outburst off my soap box now.

Reactions: 2 people
If I understand correctly, there was a shooting on the other side of town where a guy's Mom got shot and he was intended target (gang related). Guy goes after the shooter and gets wrong person? It happens, in fact, happened in Vestal a while back. The police chief isn't going to rush in front of cameras saying this poor kid is an innocent victim and hero if there is reason to believe otherwise.

Yeah, it happens, but there's no way the police have the whole story at this point. The guy that went to Lonsdale was shot on his way back home and died later. Who shot him if he was randomly attacking people in Lonsdale? Someone came back at him just like he was in search of someone in Lonsdale. I'd wait before saying the kid is a hero (he may very well be) because there are a lot of details missing from this story.

Yeah, it happens, but there's no way the police have the whole story at this point. The guy that went to Lonsdale was shot on his way back home and died later. Who shot him if he was randomly attacking people in Lonsdale? Someone came back at him just like he was in search of someone in Lonsdale. I'd wait before saying the kid is a hero (he may very well be) because there are a lot of details missing from this story.

I will take the police chief's word for it.

The Perry guy was presumedly shot by people who shot his Mom. So I think it is reasonable to think he was going after the people and got the wrong guy, then the people going after him in first place, caught up with him. Police have said 3 shootings were gang related and all connected, so they clearly know a bit. They aren't going to be as confident in him being innocent victim if they are unsure. That isn't how it works. They may not know every detail, but it wouldn't take much to conclude if he had any connection or not, especially with technology and such being what it is. What does the chief of police know though, right? Pretty sad that there are people throwing this junk out there, at least just don't comment instead of casting any sort of suspicion on a 15 year old murder victim.

Last edited:

I'm not saying there is no way the kid is innocent, he very well really could have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Most of the time though these gangs know each other and they know who is who so the idea of it being a random shooting involving the wrong guy is typically slim.

“"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.”
**John‬ *15:12-13‬ *ESV‬‬

Pretty strong words from someone who also laid down their life for others.

I'm not saying there is no way the kid is innocent, he very well really could have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time. Most of the time though these gangs know each other and they know who is who so the idea of it being a random shooting involving the wrong guy is typically slim.

Yep. And gang members never tell the police what actually happened, and the police know that, so a lot of gang on gang violence goes either unreported or they close the case as quick as it opens.

Idk I kind of doubt this kid went and shot up a house, then went home and sat outside with a bunch of girls.

Idk I kind of doubt this kid went and shot up a house, then went home and sat outside with a bunch of girls.

Maybe not, but the guy who went there shooting probably had a good idea who shot his mom.

Story has gone national. Events like this, which happen all too often, are even more heartbreaking when they happen around the holidays, especially Christmas.

It will take time to sort out the "who did what" that led up to his death, but at this point it looks like Zaevion Dobson is the latest in a long, long line of innocent lives snuffed out by those who hold no value, or respect, for human life.

Would be nice to see the UT football team do something to acknowledge and honor this young man's life, and selfless act of sacrifice. As for me, I'll be donating to this family.

Damn shame, this.

This photo was created by my 15 year old son. He is growing in his photo editing and wanted to create one for this kid. For those who don't know who this is it/s Zaevion Dobson, a 15 year old Fulton High school player who lost his life last Thursday after taking a bullet to the head from a drive-by. He jumped ontop of three girls to protect them.

Attachments

• 11030238_1005579466152578_1857351385055385910_n.jpg
    11030238_1005579466152578_1857351385055385910_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back