Mattress Shopping

CanadianVol

I'm going to get some dirty jokes in this, and I'm ok with that.

Looking at a new mattress, and am getting really frustrated with the different options at every store, and then the lack of comparability by name. Any tips on shopping for these damn things? Any recommendations on where to go?

Sealy double sided pillow top mattress.

Flip it once a month and turn it every other month. Had ours since 2002.

Go with latex. Stay away from pillow tops unless you want a hole to sleep in. Every one on the market now is junk

Reactions: 2 people
Break in after hours and take naps on different mattresses to see what fits you best. If you are feeling particularly frisky, pick up a 200+ pound hooker and test out a few beds.

Got a TemperPedic last week, no more back pain. Of course our old mattress was pretty old so factor that in. I shopped at Brothers, didn't look at the prices, just tried them all first. Some of the Brothers mattresses seemed as good but the wife liked the TP better. Shopping for a mattress is really difficult, have to rely on others experiences, IMO.

We ended up finding a good Cyber Monday deal on Overstock with a 30 day return policy once received, so we're going to try that one out

Every mattress develops a body dip in them eventually even the really expensive Tempur-pedic memory foam ones. I'm with Jhen on getting a double sided mattress. I'm over the single pillow top mattresses that you can only rotate. With a double sided mattress you get 4 corners to work with.

We ended up finding a good Cyber Monday deal on Overstock with a 30 day return policy once received, so we're going to try that one out

Been looking at overstock's mattress's as well. Keep us posted and let us know what think. I been debating about trying one form there but a little nervous about spending that much money on something I haven't physically seen.

Been looking at overstock's mattress's as well. Keep us posted and let us know what think. I been debating about trying one form there but a little nervous about spending that much money on something I haven't physically seen.

I found a very similar one at Sears and went and tried it. Liked it there, so hopefully it's the same result.

We bought a natural latex from Ikea 5 years ago and are very happy with it, plus it was 1/4 the price we saw everywhere else. And it is a complete latex so you can flip it. The only issue was it is a bit too firm for my princess and a pea wife, so we got a gel topper and now it is absolutely perfect.

We went with a Stearns and Foster pillow-top CA king. It's very comfortable but as others have mentioned, you cannot flip it so there's a slight raise in the middle of the bed

time for me to get a new, since the divorce and dating over the last year and half, I've worn the springs out on mine

Reactions: 1 person
We went with a Stearns and Foster pillow-top CA king. It's very comfortable but as others have mentioned, you cannot flip it so there's a slight raise in the middle of the bed

We have a pillow top king, not sure of brand. It has the rise in the middle, I hate it. We have had it probably 10 years. I should have burned it 9 years ago.

VN Store

Back