Neyland focus

Deputy Fife

Nothing personal
Today I want to share my thoughts on the hallowed traditions instilled and inculcated by none other than General Robert R. Neyland, namely our sacred game maxims.

For your pleasure I'll break them down one by one in full detail, explaining the nuances of each in due time. This important task of objectivity will precede my subjective suggestion for a proposed supplement. I cannot of course hope to be truly comprehensive, but I think my prose will lend credibility to my proposition.

The first axiom stresses the importance of not screwing up, providing everyone with a crucial revelation favoring competence over ineptitude.

The second maxim emphasizes the necessity of recognizing and taking full advantage of opportunities, unlike someone I know who simply refused to believe that the most impossibly gorgeous babe who ever walked the earth actually liked him.

The third dictum says we shouldn't cave to adversity, an important fact to consider in this instant-gratification society.

The fourth precept states the imperative regarding protection, something everyone should honor given the predicament vis-a-vis population growth and venereal pathogens.

The pentagonal adage gives support to the idea that verbosity can trump substance and meaning.

The penultimate aphorism comes out in defense of the often overlooked foot part of football.

Finally, the 7th epigram reminds us that pulling out before finishing the job, while helpful in allowing us to enjoy mating for its own sake, shouldn't be applied to sports.

With this crucial task completed, allow me if I may to hazard a new, octagonal maxim. Simply put, satire will always defeat banality.

Reactions: 2 people
....Sunday a.m. after a win. I'd say you shrewdly timed your shot.

VN Store

Back