Small SUV

VolnTitan

So thought I would just post a thread to get opinions. Looking to get a smaller SUV/Crossover like CR-V, Rav4, Tuscon, etc. Any opinions would be great.

My mom has a rav4 and loves it. It drives pretty good imo, but I've not drove it a whole lot.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm partial towards Honda, but I had a new Rav4 for my rental for 7 weeks. It's a nice little SUV. Pretty good gas mileage and decent space.

You'd be very surprised how affordable the Mercedes GLK250/350's are. I've seen certified pre-owned for $25,000, which compared to today's car prices, is right around what every other company is charging for similar models. It's worth looking in to.

In case you'd like to see what it looks like, I'll attach a pic. I'm actually buying my wife one for Christmas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
I work for a Hyundai dealer and while I like the Tucson I am not sure I would purchase one just yet. The 2016's are a new body style and sometimes with a body style change they can have some issues to work out. As far as the drive line is concerned that's not an issue as its something they have been using for a while now. You may purchase a new Tucson and never have any issues with it. 2015 Tucson is a body style that was out for four years and would be a good SUV. You might be able to find one at a good deal with the body style change dealers that still have some might be making deals to get them off the lot to make room for the new body style.

Good luck and hope this helps

Same boat. I need a new vehicle. Expecting baby number 2 in June and I have a two door car. It's small as is and hard enough to get our 1 year old in it. I'm lookin for a mid size. Really want a 4Runner but they are so expensive

Really want a 4Runner but they are so expensive

You're so right. They're really nice, but very pricey. It seems all car prices have gone through the roof. My dad was shocked when he went to buy a new work van for his business. The Ford Transit was as much as the Mercedes Metris, so he went with the Benz.

We own a Pilot and love it, so I'm partial to Honda.

I do like the CRV just not super crazy how the new ones look.

Same boat. I need a new vehicle. Expecting baby number 2 in June and I have a two door car. It's small as is and hard enough to get our 1 year old in it. I'm lookin for a mid size. Really want a 4Runner but they are so expensive

I bought a '15 SR5. Love it more than I thought I would.

2016-mazda-cx-5-25l-awd-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-658280-s-429x262.jpg

Mazda CX-5.

I am biased as I work at a Mazda dealership, but Car and Driver and Consumer Reports think very highly of them.

If you live near Knoxville, I invite you and your family over to Mazda Knoxville for a test drive. My name is Peyton. :hi:

Volwindy has one, she seems to enjoy it!

Last edited:

Why not a used one?

They are reliable and FANTASTIC.

Mazda CX-5.

I am biased as I work at a Mazda dealership, but Car and Driver and Consumer Reports think very highly of them.

If you live near Knoxville, I invite you and your family over to Mazda Knoxville for a test drive. My name is Peyton. :hi:

Manning? Haha if I ever buy a Mazda Nerd I coming to you.

I've owned just about every car make available. (Not counting luxury brands). The best car I ever owned was a Subaru Forrester.

Used to have a Nissan Murano, and I really liked it. A very smooth and comfortable ride. had to get something bigger once baby #3 came.

Mazda CX-5.

Yep, Nerd got me interested in the CX-5, and the more research I did, the more I liked it. Got it this summer and it has been wonderful! Only a few dislikes, but overall no complaints.

Nother vote for the MX-5. My dad got one and loves it. The mid-level version comes with great options. One thing I like a lot (minor) is that you can add Nav with a plug in module and it's about 400 bucks. You don't have to buy some 2000 package to get it.

Nother vote for the MX-5. My dad got one and loves it. The mid-level version comes with great options. One thing I like a lot (minor) is that you can add Nav with a plug in module and it's about 400 bucks. You don't have to buy some 2000 package to get it.

Yea, with a smart phone :)

You'd be very surprised how affordable the Mercedes GLK250/350's are. I've seen certified pre-owned for $25,000, which compared to today's car prices, is right around what every other company is charging for similar models. It's worth looking in to.

Whew! Thanks for all the responses! Big help.

Mercedes is out. My father always had them. Great cars for sure, but maintenance is a ton of $$. Don't have that kind of funds though ;)

I work for a Hyundai dealer and while I like the Tucson I am not sure I would purchase one just yet. The 2016's are a new body style and sometimes with a body style change they can have some issues to work out. As far as the drive line is concerned that's not an issue as its something they have been using for a while now. You may purchase a new Tucson and never have any issues with it. 2015 Tucson is a body style that was out for four years and would be a good SUV. You might be able to find one at a good deal with the body style change dealers that still have some might be making deals to get them off the lot to make room for the new body style.

Good luck and hope this helps

Yeah. We are basically considering it because they are wiping away the disposition fee (dumbest fee ever) and allow us to get in early. The Tuscon has great reviews but once you get passed the base model any price advantage seems to go away. We would keep the Santa Fe, but the plastic surround on the passenger seat breaks off (this will be the 3rd time weve had to fix it) and I'm not sure I want to buy a car that I know has a design flaw.

Mazda CX-5.

Love this car. Here is my silly issue with it. Unless you get up into the expensive trim, it doesn't have satellite radio or back up camera.

Bottomline, I'm a big guy so I need to sit in each one to see how I "fit". I hate these center consoles where the shift stick is. No room for the knees. And I live in Franklin, TN btw, but thanks for the offer. Any tips you can give me to get the best price or lease, I'm down ;) We still have 2 months left on our lease but the buy back price is almost $2000 less than the trade in value, so I can't see any dealer balking at that.

VN Store

Back