WHO Puts Processed Meat in Same Class of Carcinogen as Tobacco

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
You're gonna hear reports that create a lot of fear. This is a good article that will help you to interpret the findings.

Although WHO now classifies both processed meat and cigarettes in the highest category of carcinogen, these classifications reflect the strength of the evidence behind them, not the level of risk," the group, which researches links between diet and cancer, says.

"We hope that media coverage of this new report is careful to consider the appropriate real-world context: In some studies, participants who eat diets high in processed meat experience a risk for colorectal cancer that is nearly double that of non-meat-eaters. But according to the CDC, smoking cigarettes multiplies a person's risk for cancer by as much as 20 times.

Do I Have to Stop Eating Meat? Key Questions About WHO Group Report - NBC News

They're claiming red meat as well. Interesting since "They" want us eating less red meat from global warming fears.

my wife cooked it for our daughter last week. she screamed all night in agony. i threw away all of it, what the kale? my wife didnt find my joke funny either. i digress.

what is with that stuff? it looks harmless enough, until ya eat it. ive had tobasco sauce be easier on my gut.

Did anyone really think bacon and hotdogs were healthy?

I guess equating it to tobacco is pretty strong language but it's not really shocking news.

My wife makes a great kale spaghetti.

Put noodles, tomato sauce and kale in a bowl (leave kale whole)
Remove kale.
Throw kale in trash.
Eat spaghetti.

Reactions: 4 people
They're claiming red meat as well. Interesting since "They" want us eating less red meat from global warming fears.

No. It's not a conspiracy. The data is there. Processed meats show a very strong correlation with colorectal cancer and red meats show a slightly weaker correlation. Processed meats are Group 1A carcinogen, meaning they do cause cancer, and red meat has been categorized as a Group 2A carcinogen, meaning they probably cause cancer. However, those are 18% and 17% increases, respectively. From 8% to 9.4%.

No. It's not a conspiracy. The data is there. Processed meats show a very strong correlation with colorectal cancer and red meats show a slightly weaker correlation. Processed meats are Group 1A carcinogen, meaning they do cause cancer, and red meat has been categorized as a Group 2A carcinogen, meaning they probably cause cancer. However, those are 18% and 17% increases, respectively. From 8% to 9.4%.

Perhaps blue font may have been appropriate on my part. I'm not claiming some conspiracy.

However, those numbers don't indicate that I should be scared nor should I alter my current eating habits.
You do understand that's daily usage, right? Not bacon on the weekends will definitely give you cancer.

VN Store

Back