Need laptop help.

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
My wife wants a laptop but I'm not a computer guy. She wants something she can play her Zynga games on and for work she wants Microsoft Office 2010 (The one you can install, not cloud based).

I have no experience with Windows 10. Any issues?

Thanks for your help.

My wife wants a laptop but I'm not a computer guy. She wants something she can play her Zynga games on and for work she wants Microsoft Office 2010 (The one you can install, not cloud based).

Thanks for your help.

Oh I can't wait.

Get a Toshiba

Or a Mac with Windows

All other options are garbage. Gotta go hang out with James Banks. Bye

Reactions: 4 people
I have an Asus and absolutely love it. It's a year and a half old. Windows 10 is great for people who don't have a touchscreen. I have a touchscreen so I didn't struggle with Windows 8 like many others did.

Any opinions on Alienware?

My son wants one for Christmas. (Desktop)

All depends on what you put in it. It can be beyond top notch, or it can be an incredibly expensive average computer

Yah. I wouldn't buy anything owned by Dell, honestly. They are trying hard to get out of the PC business.

Of course, so is HP, so I mean...the devil you know...

Thanks for your help.

Buy a Surface. Upgrade your Office. The latest version just dropped.

Alternatively, use Google Docs and probably be equally as happy.

Any opinions on Alienware?

My son wants one for Christmas. (Desktop)

Basically a Dell pc that is way overpriced. It is high end but overpriced.

Check out Custom Gaming Computers and Laptops: iBUYPOWER® Gaming PC

High end computers that you can choose what options you want and they build it. So look at the Alienware he wants and then take the same components on that site and see what the same build would cost.

I have bought two of their computers with no trouble. The wait time on the build/shipping can be a bit so if you decide to order from them don't let it get to close to Christmas.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm love my Mac. I doubt I'll ever own a PC again.

I agree with you. I just can't afford a Mac at this time for what she wants to use it for. She travels and wanted something she could use Outlook, Excel, & Internet. That about it.

She came home yesterday with an HP, 17", Intel Core i5, Windows 10, with the new MS Office. Paid $400 for it. SWEET!

She picked it out and I was out of the loop. :rock:

Thanks for all the links....

Looks as if I may be able to save a few bucks.

I agree with you. I just can't afford a Mac at this time for what she wants to use it for. She travels and wanted something she could use Outlook, Excel, & Internet. That about it.

She came home yesterday with an HP, 17", Intel Core i5, Windows 10, with the new MS Office. Paid $400 for it. SWEET!

She picked it out and I was out of the loop. :rock:

Sounds like a good deal.

Oh I can't wait.

Get a Toshiba

Or a Mac with Windows

All other options are garbage. Gotta go hang out with James Banks. Bye

I have an Asus and absolutely love it. It's a year and a half old. Windows 10 is great for people who don't have a touchscreen. I have a touchscreen so I didn't struggle with Windows 8 like many others did.

what was the James Banks reference from that thread?

don't forget the peace oil

that thread should be sticky'd...or make a forum for the classics

VN Store

Back