How to handle a crazy wife?

Volsick

Bringer of Rain
I have been married since June, and been with my wife for 2 years. We have a 1 Year old son together, and he is just awesome. My little man is the coolest, most amazing kid in the world. However, my wife on the other hand is insane. I just wanted to get some feedback from the fellow vols on this board. Am I alone and just married a crazy woman, or is this a unanimous thing across the board. She is constantly thinking I'm cheating on her, always nagging about something. For example. Me and my buddy were on the phone yesterday talking about fantasy football. Well my TE for this week was Travis Kelce. Well I have Antonio Gates on the bench and was talking about "Kelce" and debating if I should leave "Kelce" in or take the risk first week with Antonio Gates. Well, I get off of the phone a few minutes later and am just playing with my son in his room. I sit there as he is attempting to build a wall out of his toys, and my wife comes in there and says: "Who's Kelce?" I'm like, "My starting TE for fantasy." She just flips out. I mean flips the f*** out. She says I took him off of speakerphone and was talking about "Kelce". I mean come on! It is really starting to wear on me. I honestly haven't ever cheated on her, and I've been a good husband to the best of my ability, but it's like every day its something new. Kills me. She is crazy for the most part. I would say 85% of the time she is crazy. Need some advice! :loco:

I have been married since June, and been with my wife for 2 years. We have a 1 Year old son together, and he is just awesome. My little man is the coolest, most amazing kid in the world. However, my wife on the other hand is insane. I just wanted to get some feedback from the fellow vols on this board. Am I alone and just married a crazy woman, or is this a unanimous thing across the board. She is constantly thinking I'm cheating on her, always nagging about something. For example. Me and my buddy were on the phone yesterday talking about fantasy football. Well my TE for this week was Travis Kelce. Well I have Antonio Gates on the bench and was talking about "Kelce" and debating if I should leave "Kelce" in or take the risk first week with Antonio Gates. Well, I get off of the phone a few minutes later and am just playing with my son in his room. I sit there as he is attempting to build a wall out of his toys, and my wife comes in there and says: "Who's Kelce?" I'm like, "My starting TE for fantasy." She just flips out. I mean flips the f*** out. She says I took him off of speakerphone and was talking about "Kelce". I mean come on! It is really starting to wear on me. I honestly haven't ever cheated on her, and I've been a good husband to the best of my ability, but it's like every day its something new. Kills me. She is crazy for the most part. I would say 85% of the time she is crazy. Need some advice! :loco:

Sounds like you are crazy for marrying her

Reactions: 2 people
Did you not know this side of her before you married? Not being ugly, just saying if that was her nature marriage won't change it. Praying it gets better though and things work out. This world needs less broken homes.

Did you not know this side of her before you married? Not being ugly, just saying if that was her nature marriage won't change it. Praying it gets better though and things work out. This world needs less broken homes.

She never acted like this before. I mean every woman I've ever been with has a little crazy in her. I guess that's just nature, but she wasn't bad. She just seemed to hit a point over the last couple months and it's just been very hard for me. I love my wife, and most of all I love my son, and I just don't want to split up with her because of him. It is just very difficult on a daily basis.

She never acted like this before. I mean every woman I've ever been with has a little crazy in her. I guess that's just nature, but she wasn't bad. She just seemed to hit a point over the last couple months and it's just been very hard for me. I love my wife, and most of all I love my son, and I just don't want to split up with her because of him. It is just very difficult on a daily basis.

Pray about it (if you're a believer), try asking her if something is going on that's bothering her, and even counseling.

Pray about it (if you're a believer), try asking her if something is going on that's bothering her, and even counseling.

Yeah. I have been praying. It's just difficult because it is really starting to wear me down. She just never lets up sometimes. I just get to a boiling point then we have a big argument then things are okay for a bit, then the cycle starts back over. All boils down to trust.

It sounds like you are young and jumped in before you truly knew the woman. Maybe you should have taken some time before doing something that would affect your life in such a huge way

Get on medication, especially if your prone to violence. If she is accusing you of cheating, then she will. Just sit back and wait it out. Then bust her and you get primary custody of the child.

She is not from the Midwest is she?

Reactions: 1 person
Bro Code #141... avoid crazy eyed women.

crazyEyes.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Get on medication, especially if your prone to violence. If she is accusing you of cheating, then she will. Just sit back and wait it out. Then bust her and you get primary custody of the child.

She is not from the Midwest is she?

HAHA I don't need meds. She does lol. No violence or anything like that at all. Never worried about that lol. I am a very laid back individual. When I get pissed off I just jump in the car and go cool off some where.

Marriage is hard.

If she's acting out I'd consider seeing a therapist. It could be post-partum depression or something.

...and not to be an alarmist, but since she brought up cheating (and you claim to have not), I'd be willing to bet a fair amount that she has already.

Good luck.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm far from a marriage counselor, but I'm a pretty good judge of people. If she has it in her mind that you're cheating on her, it's not going away any time soon. Have you addressed with her? By that I mean, sit her down and asked her why she thinks that.

You can attempt to prove to her that you're not cheating (phone/text records, email, etc.). Often times when the other party flips out it's because they're the one mis-behaving and they're trying to blame you.

HAHA I don't need meds. She does lol. No violence or anything like that at all. Never worried about that lol. I am a very laid back individual. When I get pissed off I just jump in the car and go cool off some where.

When you leave she is thinking your going to cheat. I would record her rants too. Your marriage is doomed. Sorry to tell you. But once they start with the trust issue everything you had before is thrown out the window and you can't get it back. Trust someone who has gone to jail over the bs you just described.

I know this sounds crazy, especially at your son's age, but you vowed to put your wife above everyone. In salutethehill's world, that's our order (I have 3 kids with #4 on the way). I love my kids, and they love that daddy puts mama ahead of them and anything.

If she has trust issues, there's a reason - whether she has parents with a history, or something she's done, or something you've done, or some way she's been wronged before you, etc. Communication is key.

Yes, women are different. Crazy different. Different in ways my brain can't fathom, but that's what makes them unique (and the boobies, and...well).

It's you and her against the world.

Reactions: 3 people
Tell her 'That's crazy talk!' then go on to say 'You wanna see crazy? The little man in my head is telling me to whack you.'

My brother married a chick whose mom had been married 4 times and her dad 3 times. She was raised not to trust men because all men were dogs. When it came to having a stable marriage, she never had a chance. It's too bad, and it was a stumbling block that they, unfortunately, could not overcome.

You don't have a problem. If you find yourself checking her texts, phone calls, etc., then you do.

I know this sounds crazy, especially at your son's age, but you vowed to put your wife above everyone. In salutethehill's world, that's our order (I have 3 kids with #4 on the way). I love my kids, and they love that daddy puts mama ahead of them and anything.

If she has trust issues, there's a reason - whether she has parents with a history, or something she's done, or something you've done, or some way she's been wronged before you, etc. Communication is key.

Yes, women are different. Crazy different. Different in ways my brain can't fathom, but that's what makes them unique (and the boobies, and...well).

It's you and her against the world.

This is solid. It's not popular to say this in an "I" driven society, but be the hero in your marriage. Find a point where she's calm and talk about what you can do to help her trust you more and work on sola to fix them....not your plan, but hers as long as it is within reason. She needs reassurance right now, and if she feels that you are blowing off her concerns flippantly then that's just fuel to the fire.
Also, do a quick check and make sure that you haven't created a little mini-family with you and your kid that kinda leaves her out on the side doing laundry, cooking dinner, and cleaning house. There's something that's feeding the beast, and if u want tone married to her long-term you gotta figure it out

Yeah. I have been praying. It's just difficult because it is really starting to wear me down. She just never lets up sometimes. I just get to a boiling point then we have a big argument then things are okay for a bit, then the cycle starts back over. All boils down to trust.

Just wait until she starts going through the change. Hell on earth my brother.

VN Store

Back