Serious Question I-95 in GA/SC

Jackcrevol

Get a Brain, Moran.
driving the family home tommorow and considering going through Atlanta in lieu of through SC. Any help from locals would be helpful? thanks

I-95 isn't bad. Used to drive it all the time (along with 26 and 40) from Savannah to Knoxville.

we leave in the morning from NSB Fl to Johnson City. Wanted to see how the roadways are in SC or GA with all the rain.

we leave in the morning from NSB Fl to Johnson City. Wanted to see how the roadways are in SC or GA with all the rain.
The roads would have to be pretty bad to come back through Atlanta I'd think. Probably 1-2 hrs longer this day and Northeast GA is getting rain now too, so I'm not sure it's any easier.

Talked to a friend in Columbia this afternoon and he sad it was mostly light rain so far, but it was relentless. Radar looks terrible though.

drove i-95 to 26 via Columbia and Spartanburg. Was pretty gnarly. anyone headed that way be safe.

I've heard its pretty bad. Glad you made it safely.

i literally saw the highway patrolman turn his lights off to shut down 95. we took a detour back around to 26, passed 1-26 just as it was being closed. i have friends in Chas and Cola. i feel for them.

I'll be calling the realtor in the morning.

Hope the house made it through ok. I've been checking in with friends in Columbia and it sounds like it's completely nuts over there.. and it's still raining.

Unfortunately, going to be a lot of sad stories coming out of this. I doubt most of those affected have Flood Insurance.

The roads would have to be pretty bad to come back through Atlanta I'd think. Probably 1-2 hrs longer this day and Northeast GA is getting rain now too, so I'm not sure it's any easier.

Talked to a friend in Columbia this afternoon and he sad it was mostly light rain so far, but it was relentless. Radar looks terrible though.

When we go to Daytona, I-75 through Atlanta or I-26/I-95 are both about the same, time and distance. We usually go one way going and the other way returning just for the variety.

As of this morning the death toll is up to 12.
Multiple dams breached.
328 roads closed.
160 bridges closed.

8954113_G.jpg

It's crazy that I-95 is closed from I-20 to I-26. That's a long way.

VN Store

Back