Salute and Thoughts

44DivePlay

Totally off topic but weighing heavy on my mind today. Not that it matters or pertinent other than how I know my good friend, but I am a Urologist and my best friend is a General Surgeon with me in Bristol who is a born and bred Razorback.

He is on his 3rd deployment to the the Middle East and is currently serving where all the crap is going down in Afghanistan this last week. He and I had plans to go to this game for the last 3 years or so. Meanwhile, I am getting pics of him constantly with his service pistol on his Kevlar chest and assault rifle (MP5?) slung across his shoulder even in downtime due to the current activity at his location.

While the people on TV are celebrating Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner as a hero, I would like to throw him and all the infrantrymen and women etc who are at even more risk than him out there as true heroes today.

I salute all of our active duty service men and women as well as those who have served but want to send a special thanks and prayer to all the Vols and Hogs deployed and in harms way today. They are sacrificing their time, families, income, and lives for us and others.

He knows I hope we still crush the Hogs today but I hope he is enjoying the few Arkansas items I bought him from Phyl's in downtown Bristol before he went that would fit in his duffel.

Thank you all for all you do!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
great post

here is to hoping the Vols kick some RazorBack ass and may our Troops be safe,where ever they are

Reactions: 1 person
This is why outcomes of ballgames are of little significance in the big picture. But, since he is a Razorback, take solace in the fact that he has something to smile about and to take his mind off his surroundings, if only for a few moments.

God's speed!

thanks..should have tried this in the football forum.. we need some perspective on the real world over there

This is why outcomes of ballgames are of little significance in the big picture. But, since he is a Razorback, take solace in the fact that he has something to smile about and to take his mind off his surroundings, if only for a few moments.

God's speed!

Yep. The only highlight of tonight's game my wife pointed out.

Good perspective on what really matters in life nonetheless.

Thank you for the perspective. Prayers for God to watch over your friend and to guide his healing hands.

It kills me inside to see how the people back home have no clue about the risks and sacrifice these brave men and women face every day.

Reactions: 1 person

God's speed!

I'd take this loss a thousand times if it put a smile on his face. He's done more for us than TN football ever will.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back